About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Full time, (Maximum term up to August 2020)
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Senior AOD Counsellor to join our team in our innovative national award winning program. By joining our multi- disciplinary team, you will have an opportunity to further develop your clinical skills with a diverse group of participants both as an individual counsellor and group facilitator.
Catalyst is a rehabilitation program for people who have experienced problematic alcohol and other drug use. It is for clients who have completed a withdrawal and need a period of intensive therapeutic support to prevent relapse and maintain their changed behaviour.
You can view the full position description here
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A relevant graduate qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 12 months of employment).
- A post graduate qualification in AOD or mental health (desireable)
- Demonstrated experience providing drug and alcohol assessment and counselling activities.
Uniting offers employees
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Purchased leave and flexible work arrangements
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior AOD Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.