About the role
The Song Room is a nimble, entrepreneurial for–purpose organisation that levels the learning playing field for children experiencing disadvantage through an impactful, sustainable and scalable approach to Arts Learning.
Independent research has demonstrated that The Song Room’s programs lift the academic performance, school attendance, social-emotional wellbeing and community involvement of Australian school children.
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive salary plus super and generous packaging
- Collaborative work environment
- Prahran location near Chapel Street and close to public transport
- Exciting and diverse role offering long term career opportunities
Reporting to the Director, Market Development, you will develop and deliver a diversified and growing income base with the support and guidance of one of Australia’s leading philanthropy specialists. Responsibilities will include:
- Building a diversified pipeline for support
- Implementing strategies to develop ongoing funding relationships with major donors, charitable trusts, foundations and corporations
- Connecting donors to the work of The Song Room and subsequent social impact
- Facilitating and assisting other teams in innovative program development
- Contributing to an evidence base of research to support funding proposals
- Keeping up-to-date on fundraising/philanthropy best practice and key sector trends
- Providing timely analysis, reporting and advice to the Director, Market Development and key supporters
You are a driven fundraising professional with a track record of establishing and strengthening donor relationships to deliver program funding. You understand current fundraising trends, techniques and challenges and have highly developed communication and influencing skills.
You can also demonstrate ability in:
- Working collaboratively to influence strategy and program development
- Creative and innovative thinking to work smarter
- Adapting to changing circumstances and managing your time well
- Strong project management skills
You will have completed an undergraduate degree in a related field and will require a current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
Grow funding support for an innovative organisation that is improving educational outcomes for disadvantaged children across Australia. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call James Stewart on 03 8319 4090 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Strategic Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.