About the role
The Western Australian (WA) Program Manager will have a passion for social change and community cultural and linguistic continuity. Preferably a background in the Not For Profit sector with experience in community engagement and relationship management, skilled in delivery of community media arts and language/cultural development.
Purpose of the Role
The WA Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific short and long-term projects including:
- Digital Storytelling, Mapping and Language Programs with remote and regional communities in the Kimberley and Gibson Desert initially
- Managing team and logistics for project delivery
- Managing relationships with community, delivery partners and key stakeholders
- Assisting with the distribution of cultural media including bilingual multi-touch books, and education packages and films locally within communities
- Implementation and management of planned installations/exhibitions with partner communities.
- Working with SharingStories team to support evaluation, communications and reporting in relation to all projects for which you are responsible
- Providing written and verbal reports as required
- Must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent*
- Ideally 5+ years community engagement and program management experience
- Ability to design, plan, implement, track and report on programs
- Good team management skills
- Relationship management skills, ability to build and maintain relationships of trust and respect with all partners and communities
- Ability to travel between 10 – 14 weeks per annum to metropolitan, regional and remote communities
- Ability to work with and understand sensitivities regarding Indigenous and diverse cultures
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to work independently from home office and collaboratively as required
- Strategic and systematic, able to use online project management systems as required
- Takes initiative, proactive
- Confident in digital platforms
*This organisation considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
About the organisation
Sharing Stories Foundation (SSF) works with Indigenous communities to protect, maintain and grow language, stories and cultural heritage. Engaged as a culturally safe broker, SharingStories delivers tailored, community-based programs and tools, and facilitates the publication and distribution of cultural products including iBooks, education packages, permanent and touring installations.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Western Australia Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.