About the role
- 3 days per week
Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to support young people with complex needs in a residential service model.
Youth Workers are required to provide young people with safe and appropriate accommodation, case management, support, advocacy, and information to assist young people to make informed choices about their lives.
To undertake the Youth Worker’s role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences or similar, or experience in a similar role. Have a current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (Blue Card) or a willingness to obtain one.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- An understanding of and commitment to BYS’s vision and objectives and the demonstrated experience working within a strengths-based and trauma informed practice framework.
- Demonstrated experience working holistically with vulnerable young people, using brief solution focused crisis interventions and ongoing case managed support, and experience building trusting relationships with marginalised young people.
- Strong communication skills, including oral and written skills, writing report and case files, collaborating with community services, and the ability to liaise effectively with young people and advocate on their behalf.
- Strong planning, task management and organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a supported accommodation setting.
- The ability to contribute positively within a team to deliver a high-quality service and outcomes for young people.
About the organisation
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families.
We value our people and the contribution they make to the community and the lives of the young people we support. That’s why we have invested in our Employee Value Proposition, to make our employees’ experience a memorable one.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Worker – Permanent Part-time via Pro Bono Australia.