About the role
Administration Assistant, Fundraising Campaigns and Membership
- Take this unique opportunity to make your mark in this new and exciting role in the Fundraising Campaigns and Membership team
- Contribute to the performing arts for future generations
- Full time, ongoing, $66,140 base per annum based plus 9.5% superannuation
At Arts Centre Melbourne, we bring people together for remarkable experiences. Sitting beneath our iconic Spire, we’re Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre. As a cultural and architectural landmark in our nation’s cultural capital, we’ve showcased the best of Australian and international performing arts for nearly 40 years.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
The Victorian Government’s vision for Melbourne is to advance its position as an internationally recognised cultural and creative destination. Arts Centre Melbourne is committed to realising this vision, which will guide our focus over the coming years through Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
Philanthropy plays a critical role in extending the reach and impact of Arts Centre Melbourne’s cultural, education, access, and commissioning and exhibition programs. The desire is to grow philanthropic contribution to further extend this reach and impact for future generations.
All money raised is directed to the following four essential areas:
- Access and participation programs – opening up the performing arts to every Victorian
- Education and creative learning – inspiring the next generation of creatives and makers
- Commissions – supporting new works, bold ideas and extraordinary talent
- Collections – preserving and exhibiting Australia’s cultural heritage
Philanthropy at Arts Centre Melbourne is also leading the Capital Campaign for Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne.
The Administration Assistant, Fundraising and Membership, will provide essential administration and support to the team in delivery of the campaigns and membership activities.
Further to this the role will support the team with continuous development of relationships with existing donors and members through customer service based management of inbound communications (in box and inbound phone lines) and delivery of campaign fulfillment (processing donations and managing outbound communications), as well as supporting the team with delivery of donor and member events.
These touch points will all enrich donor experience at Arts Centre Melbourne, and steward them towards lifetime giving.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualification in creative arts, event management, fundraising or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong administrative skills and fluent in Microsoft suite.
- Proactive and takes initiative in the continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Strong organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and manage a varied workload.
- Good interpersonal skills, and experience working with a diverse range of people (staff, supporters, members and suppliers) and bringing the best out of them.
For more details please read the Position Description – Administrative Assistant, Fundraising Campaigns and Membership .pdf
Enjoy Team Member Benefits
As a valued member of our ensemble, you will enjoy a number of fantastic benefits including the opportunity to receive complimentary tickets, food & beverage discounts, discounted commuter benefits and onsite-parking, access to well-being activities and learning and development programs!
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume by 27 October 2019. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Administration Assistant, Fundraising Campaigns and Membership via Pro Bono Australia.