About the role
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking a Business Development Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will secure long term high value partnerships for The Smith Family with corporations and major businesses. Your natural, conversational selling style gained from solid NFP sector experience will help you thrive in this inspirational culture. You’ll be responsible for identifying and establishing new, sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships with corporate Australia, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of a Business Development Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
• Identifying new prospects while monitoring and maintaining an active pipeline of prospective corporates
• Using your creativity and opportunistic approach to develop mutually beneficial partnerships
• Preparing prospect research briefs, delivering pitch proposals, and establishing new business meetings
• Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure new partnerships are aligned with business priorities
• Ensuing a seamless handover of new business to the Relationship Management Team
• Preparing regular and timely financial tracking and reporting
It takes a special kind of person to be our Business Development Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline or transferrable skills in a similar or related role
• Solid experience working in fundraising, business development and corporate partnerships in the NFP sector
• Proven experience pitching and presenting to senior managers and C suite stakeholders
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Strong relationship building and networking skills
• Strong ability to collaborate, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization
• Outstanding writing skills and experience developing pitches, proposals and presentations
About the organisation
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.