About the role
Join the Team!
Anglicare’s North Coast Community Aged & Disability team provides support and services that enable our clients to maintain their independence – living happily and healthily within their own homes. We recognise that one size does not fit all, and working together is the key to great outcomes. Our non-clinical lifestyle programs are designed to support individual needs, incorporating the principles of social inclusion, choice and control, enablement, empowerment and independence; and our clinical supports include nursing and allied health care at home, along with domestic and personal assistance. Our small, friendly team in Bundaberg are looking for a part time (0.8FTE) Client Liaison/ Team Leader to join them.
Famous for rum and turtles, Bundaberg is considered to be a gem of the Southern Barrier Reef with rich soil, lakes and rural landscapes showcasing extensive fields of sugar cane. With a subtropical climate, the area has hot, wet summers and mild winters and is a significant tourism gateway to both National Parks, and the Great Barrier Reef.
Only 385km from Brisbane, Bundaberg is serviced by a domestic airport with daily flights to the state capital, along with Queensland Rail passenger trains and the high-speed Tilt Train. With an estimated population of just over 70,000 it has a number of public and private schools – from prep through to secondary, as well as a Tech college and Central Queensland University campus. There is three hospitals and a Super Clinic, along with the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Bundaberg has two large shopping centres housing supermarkets, specialist outlets and all common department stores; two large cinema complexes and a wide range of cafes and restaurants offering various cuisines.
About the Role
We require a confident, collaborative and capable professional who will be responsible for engaging in client relationship management and packaged care case management with consumers (client, their carer/s, family and advocates) of consumer directed care service models.
The Client Liaison role undertake assessment, support planning, packaged care coordination and case management activities designed in collaboration with the client to assist them to achieve their identified goals. In addition, this position will have Team Leader responsibilities – supervising Home Care Workers and Support Service Workers on a day-to-day basis, assisting with the orientation of new staff and providing guidance and support, including assessment of work practices, client documentation and other related activities, as delegated.
With a background within Community, Aged Care or Disability sectors, you will offer the following experience:
- Proven understanding of assessments, packaged care and case management and ability to implement successfully
- Able to engage clients, develop rapport quickly, and work effectively with them to achieve identified goals
- Offer support and guidance to clients with budget management and financial sustainability
- Experience in monitoring and assessing services provided to ensure they are in accordance with service models and guidelines
- Leadership, guidance and mentoring of a team including conflict resolution and collaborative decision making
Your main attributes will include:
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – and the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Being results-focused and able to advocate strongly for your clients and the services they require
- A sound understanding of the community care system and the people who utilise these services
- Diplomacy and negotiation; people management capabilities; influencing and problem solving skills
- Able to self-manage, prioritise and balance your own workload effectively, while monitoring and maintaining a team
Required qualifications will include:
- Certificate IV in Health, Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Disability Support or similar; and/or qualifications in Case Management
- A current Blue Card (Working With Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Current National Police Certificate
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working close to home, and making a difference within your local community
- The opportunity to work with a group of friendly and dynamic professionals within an innovative space and growing industry
- Part time hours and the chance to increase take-home pay with Salary Packaging
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in working with Anglicare SQ. If you are successful in progressing to the next stage, you will be sent a link to complete a short, 15-minute on-line assessment (after the closing date) and shortlisting will take place soon after.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Client Liaison/Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.