About the role
Fundraising Campaigns and Membership Officer
- A unique and exciting opportunity to make your mark in this fantastic fundraising role
- Contribute to the performing arts for future generations
- Full time, ongoing, $88,154 base per annum based plus 9.5% superannuation
At Arts Centre Melbourne, we bring people together for remarkable experiences. Sitting beneath our iconic Spire, we’re Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre. As a cultural and architectural landmark in our nation’s cultural capital, we’ve showcased the best of Australian and international performing arts for nearly 40 years.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
The Victorian Government’s vision for Melbourne is to advance its position as an internationally recognised cultural and creative destination. Arts Centre Melbourne is committed to realising this vision, which will guide our focus over the coming years through Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
Philanthropy plays a critical role in extending the reach and impact of Arts Centre Melbourne’s cultural, education, access, and commissioning and exhibition programs. The desire is to grow philanthropic contribution to further extend this reach and impact for future generations.
All money raised is directed to the following four essential areas:
- Access and participation programs – opening up the performing arts to every Victorian
- Education and creative learning – inspiring the next generation of creatives and makers
- Commissions – supporting new works, bold ideas and extraordinary talent
- Collections – preserving and exhibiting Australia’s cultural heritage
Philanthropy at Arts Centre Melbourne is also leading the Capital Campaign for Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne.
A newly created role, the Fundraising and Membership Officer will execute campaigns that attract and engage new and existing donors and increases the membership portfolio. The role is responsible for project managing annual fundraising and membership efforts across multiple channels and coordinating innovative and targeted campaigns for the four pillars of philanthropy.
The role will play an integral role in the continuous development of relationships with existing donors through implementation and development of supporter journeys, impact communications, events and one on one relationships. These touch point’s will all enrich the donor experience of Arts Centre Melbourne, and steward them towards lifetime giving.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising Campaigns, the role will also provide day to day support and mentorship to the Fundraising Campaigns and Membership, Administration Assistant within the team.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualification in creative arts, event management, fundraising or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven experience in delivering key customer or donor relationship building strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to create a successful fundraising proposition and manage the implementation of this through direct and digital marketing channels.
- Strong emotional competence with good interpersonal and influencing skills, and demonstrated success in working effectively with a diverse range of people (staff, supporters, members and suppliers) and bringing the best out of them.
- Experience in project managing an event or campaign.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills (including a high level of expertise in manipulating, interrogating and presenting data using relational databases and MS Excel).
For more details please read the Position Description – Fundraising Campaigns and Membership Officer.pdf
Enjoy Team Member Benefits
As a valued member of our ensemble, you will enjoy a number of fantastic benefits including the opportunity to receive complimentary tickets, food & beverage discounts, discounted commuter benefits and onsite-parking, access to wellbeing activities and learning and development programs!
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume by October 27 2019. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please apply via Arts Centre Melbourne careers site.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Campaigns and Membership Officer via Pro Bono Australia.