About the role
About the Position
Anglicare’s North Coast Community Aged & Disability service offers a range of supports and assistance to a variety of local residents, including help at home, social inclusion and community connectedness. We are looking for people who can provide practical and emotional help to others, calling on their own real-life experiences to build rapport and relationships. Your support will enable our clients to remain living independently and comfortably in their own homes, in Gympie.
We have a variety of clients requiring assistance, so alongside a friendly, proactive manager your focus will be on supporting people to be the best they can be. This means having fun and enjoying life:
- Personal grooming and hygiene; assistance with medication reminders and general self-care
- Transport assistance to the supermarket, or to watch a local sports team
- Assistance with domestic duties and general help around the house
- Helping our young people with disabilities – including visits to the hairdresser, Mani-Pedi’s or the local café for a coffee
- Outdoor activities, a gentle stroll, taking someone to the movies once a week, or helping out in the garden
- Food shopping, menu planning and meal preparation – or assisting with arts, crafts and new creations!
We have both casual and part time roles available – either working a minimum of 10 hours per week, or covering both planned and unscheduled leave, for shifts between 6.00am and 8.00pm, both weekdays and weekends.
To ensure the most effective and continuous care, we require our Home Care Workers to be dedicated, reliable and flexible. We look for:
- A fantastic attitude and genuine interest in helping others
- Various hobbies – sewing, arts, gardening, cooking and scrapbooking to name a few!
- Experience in various outdoor pursuits and activities
- A practical understanding of hygiene assistance and commitment of care
- Enjoyment in social activities, and one-on-one engagement
- Understanding of physical limitations and a safe, sensible approach
- Creativity, enthusiasm, sensitivity and emotional stability
- Strong communication and organisational skills – able to manage your time and support clients to do the same in an everyday capacity
Our team members come from all walks of life, and these roles will suit:
- Career changers, parents returning to work and young people with passion
- People who have some extra time and appreciate being with others
- Those who have strong work ethics and enjoy being team players
Qualifications will include:
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, Home & Community Care, Disability Services or similar field
- Completion of Module HLTHPS006 – Assist clients with medication (or commitment to obtain)
- Completion of Module HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems (or commitment to obtain)
- Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- A current National Police Certificate
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- Immunisation against Tetanus, Hepatitis A and/or Hepatitis B (desired)
- Physically capable of meeting the requirements of the role
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working with a supportive team of passionate and dedicated professionals
- Flexibility of work and life balance with part time or casual hours
- Providing quality of life for people within your local community
- Ongoing training and support to assist with your personal and professional development
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in being a Home Care Worker with Anglicare SQ. Once we receive your application, you will be sent a link to complete a short, 15-minute on-line assessment and shortlisting will take place soon after.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Home Care Worker via Pro Bono Australia.