About the role
GetUp is looking for an Organiser to join our Organising team and work with a distributed network of thousands of GetUp members and volunteers around Australia and drive progressive change.
SCHADS Classification Level 3-4. Salary range is $59,951.84 – $74,121.84 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a permanent contract with Melbourne, Victoria the preferred location. However Sydney or Brisbane will be considered.
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is the Organising Team
The GetUp organising team works across Australia to build and wield the people power to radically redefine what is politically possible in Australia. Together, we develop and support a network of thousands of volunteers, mobilising members and voters to change public opinion and target political & corporate decision-makers across the country.
This is a huge mission, that is rewarding, demanding, challenging and creative.
Our team is an open and collaborative crew who have clear goals, are accountable to each other and work in ways that foster creativity, honesty, learning and innovation.
As an Organiser, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and overseeing relationships that contribute to an impactful network of volunteers;
- Executing volunteer recruitment, retention, training and leadership development;
- Administering systems for volunteer data, communications and member correspondence;
- Monitoring custom systems and other data sources to ensure they are correctly integrated;
- Drafting high quality event materials, creative collateral and member communications;
- Participating in a strong team culture of experimentation, innovation, evaluation and learning;
- Working within the organising team to execute its strategy and meet its goals;
- Supervising other staff and/or volunteers as required.
You will be someone who is/has:
- Passionate about creating progressive change in Australia;
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and care deeply about supporting others to step up into leadership;
- Ambitious and excited about scale – knowing that we need to do more, faster and bigger than ever before;
- Can work quickly both independently and in a team;
- Can be across multiple tasks at once and never drop the ball;
- Are nimble with a can-do attitude and come up with creative solutions to tricky situations;
- Are excited about technological innovations and finding new ways to increase impact;
- Has a minimum of two years experience in the workforce.
Bonus points for:
- Demonstrated knowledge of organising theory and an appetite to think outside the box;
- Experience with electoral organising;
- Experience working with organising technology to engage people at scale – eg. calling and door-knocking technology, P2P texting software, NationBuilder;
- Prior experience writing GetUp-style email communications, or experience managing Facebook groups and using Slack.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
We will be taking applications on a rolling basis. Please apply ASAP to avoid missing out.
Please apply online at https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/hiring/hiring–2/work-at-getup#op-353949-organiser-
About the organisation
What is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. Working together, we have an extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Organiser via Pro Bono Australia.