About the role
- Join an organisation making a difference to the lives of children every day
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team based in Brisbane
- Permanent Full Time
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Philanthropy Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the National Major Gift Manager, and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced major gifts or philanthropy relationship manager to take the next step into their career in an organisation committed to making a difference. Your passion for the sector and strong relationship development skills will see you thrive in this high energy role. A day in the life of our Philanthropy Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Driving relationships and developing philanthropic opportunities for The Smith Family
- Securing and stewarding major gifts from HNWI and philanthropists
- Relationship management and stewardship of trusts and foundations to deliver annual budget
- Developing, project managing and writing high quality submissions to secure funding from trusts and foundations
- Developing, project managing and writing high quality acquittal reports and other reporting collateral for trusts and foundations
- Collaborating with our Policy & Programs team, Research & Advocacy team, and the Philanthropy team to create and respond to funding opportunities in line with The Smith Family’s strategic plan
- Database management of CRM and grant/tender administration
It takes a special kind of person to be our Philanthropy Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field or equivalent experience
- Major gift experience in the NFP sector
- Grant, tender or similar writing experience, with keen attention to detail and the ability to craft a persuasive narrative
- Solid experience within the philanthropic, not-for-profit, CSR sector or similar
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising principles
- Experience with Excel and CRM Databases
- Pipeline management experience
- An engaging and professional communications style
- Superb interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups
- Experience and/or understanding of the education sector is advantageous
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.