About the role
1. Position Purpose
inCommunity is seeking a Policy, Risk and Quality Consultant. The consulting projects in which the consultant will be working are related to policy, compliance, risk management and quality/continuous improvement to ensure inCommunity programs, services and internal operations are compliant with contractual, legislative, accreditation and industry standards and requirements.
2. Key Responsibilities
- Undertake gap analysis and self-assessment against HSQF, including development of new policies/procedures
- Review organisational policies/procedures and guidelines, in consultation with internal subject matter experts, to ensure compliance with legislation, HSQF, Award and industry best practices, are inclusive of needs and requirements for new programs/services and that there are adequate internal controls in place for ongoing compliance
- Review policy and procedure framework, including approval authorities/pathways
- Review risk management framework and existing risk assessment tool, including development of a risk register, risk awareness education for board and staff, risk reporting process, risk appetite/statement
- Review effectiveness of system for monitoring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and associated government policies
- Review existing delegations and develop organisational schedule/matrix
- Develop reporting tools to board around compliments, complaints, incidents
- Review mechanism for feedback
- Complete other tasks/activities as identified within the Audit and Risk Sub-Committee’s Action Plan.
3. Reporting Relationships
Consultant will report operationally to the CEO, inCommunity and professionally to the Chair of the Audit and Risk Sub-Committee, with regular updates provided to the Sub-Committee (as agreed).
4. Skills and Abilities
inCommunity requires a competent consultant who takes pride in the quality of their work, who can handle deadlines and multi-tasking, is able to organise their work independently, with high level research and analytical skills, excellent communication (written and oral skills) and knowledge/experience in the following core areas:
- SCHCADS Award
- Legislation relevant to inCommunity
- Policy and procedure
- Risk management
- Quality improvement/continuous improvement
- NFP sector
- Government departmental requirements.
Prior consultancy experience highly regarded, however not mandatory.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: POLICY, RISK AND QUALITY CONSULTANT via Pro Bono Australia.