About the role
Hepatitis Queensland (HQ) is the lead organisation for the hepatitis sector in Queensland, representing the interests of people affected by, or at risk of viral hepatitis and liver disease.
With the vision of better liver health for all Queenslanders, HQ works to meet emerging liver health challenges whilst delivering vital programs that support testing, treatment and management of viral hepatitis including information, support, referral, workforce and community education services.
Benefits & Culture
- Make a significant impact on the lives of those affected by viral hepatitis
- Lead a passionate, truly committed, high performing team
- Work with a diverse, highly skilled board
- Attractive salary packaging benefits and potential for flexible working arrangements
In this time of improved health outcome opportunities for Queenslanders living with hepatitis, you will lead the organisation through its next stage of growth and development while continuing to progress the current breadth of programs and services.
You will develop and implement strategy to increase awareness, testing and access to treatment and ensure the optimal delivery of services through both advocacy and projects, including clinical outreach initiatives, workforce development, health promotion and the provision of quality resources.
In addition to managing the day-to-day operations of HQ you will:
- ensure the high quality and compliance of service and program delivery
- promote social justice for members to reduce stigma and discrimination
- build and nurture strategic, collaborative partnerships with government and stakeholders
- identify opportunities for diversification of funding and income sources
- maintain strong financial management and reporting
- advise the board on policy, strategy, organisational risk and financial wellbeing
You have developed your executive career in a health or social services environment, community sector or like-minded corporate or government department. You have previously managed the delivery of a range of programs and services and you have knowledge of or a connection to the sector, with a commitment to representing all people affected by viral hepatitis
Your operational management skills are at the core of your success and you can demonstrate:
- experience in strategic leadership and organisational or sector development
- excellent political astuteness and advocacy skills
- proven success engaging and working collaboratively with key stakeholders to effect change
- experience in the negotiation and management of government and non-government funding
- experience working with a board of governance
- a record ensuring organisational governance, risk management and financial sustainability
If you’re a values based leader passionate about representing the hepatitis community, please click apply and submit a cover letter responding to the skills required together with your resume, or contact Louise Furlong on 07 5530 8066 to discuss your interest.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.