About the role
About the Position
Anglicare SQ is one of Queensland’s most experienced community service providers, and over the years our offering has evolved under different banners, and expanded greatly to include “all of life” services. Our range of supports is ever-increasing and are delivered in partnership with government and other organisations.
Anglicare SQ is committed to embedding the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations, which provide a consistent approach to creating organisational cultures that foster child safety and wellbeing. Working within our Organisational Development team, the Child Safe Organisations Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and driving Anglicare SQ’s Child Safe Framework and ensuring its successful implementation across all service areas and departments.
This 10-month fixed term role will be based in Brisbane’s CBD, working across the greater Southern Queensland region. Some travel to services and facilities throughout the area will be required.
With a strong background in child protection, safety and wellbeing, you will have a passion for creating impactful change, influencing and engaging with a range of stakeholders. Some of the skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- Detailed knowledge of National Principles for Child Safe Organisations best practice
- Strong understanding of Queensland state child protection legislation and its application in an organisational context
- Demonstrated success in driving change and implementing projects in large, diverse organisations
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to build credible working relationships and influence stakeholders from the executive team to frontline team members.
- Capacity to establish yourself as a trusted advisor and make recommendations to key stakeholders including senior management to achieve outcomes.
- Autonomous work style balanced with an ability to consult and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
You will be required to hold the following:
- Degree in Health, Human Services, or a related field
- Post-graduate qualifications in one of the above areas, Business Management, or currently studying (desired)
- Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- National Police Certificate
- A Queensland Driver Licence and a willingness to travel throughout the service region
What We Offer
Based in Brisbane’s CBD, our Organisational Development team is a close, collaborative and high-performing team. We are motivated to inspire change and create real impact for our organisation and our clients. Other benefits of joining us include:
- The opportunity to own a role with end-to-end responsibilities and create real and lasting impact
- Working in collaboration with a professional, multi-disciplinary team who share ideas and experiences, and brainstorm to find the best solution
- Easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry and plenty of choice for coffee and lunch with numerous cafes, restaurants and a local Woolworths
- Flexibility to work full-time or part-time hours
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in working with Anglicare SQ.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Child Safe Organisations - Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.