About the role
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Director Conservation, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting advocacy campaigns including but not limited to preparation of submissions, presentations and acting as media representative
- Assisting with the preparation of position statements and policies to support advocacy campaigns
- Assisting with managing the responsibilities and functions of the Conservation team
- Acting as the Trust’s representative on a number of the Trust’s Technical Committees, liaising with members of the public, local councils and other organisations
- Practical matters related to the operation of the Technical Committees
- Matters and recommendations arising from Technical Committees, Conservation Policies Task-force and Board
- Assisting with the management of the National Trust Register including preparation, amendment and updates of listings
- Undertaking site visits as required
- Assisting with the preparation of State Heritage Register nominations for the NSW Heritage Office on behalf of the Trust
- Responding to Trust Register listing enquiries
You will be a highly organised team player, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work items to maximise your time, whilst also delivering an outstanding service to stakeholders and our members.
Additionally you will have the following:
- Strong presentation and inter-personal skills and ability to communicate and interpret complex legislation and issues at local Government and Board level
- Experience in supporting advocacy campaigns and preparation of submissions
- Strong problem solving with attention to detail
- Excellent people management and change management skills
- Professional and remain calm under pressure
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within the heritage sector
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline related to environmental heritage such as archaeology, architecture, history, urban planning or a related discipline
- Class C driver’s license and a willingness to travel to the various regional properties
We’re looking for that someone who has a passion for the conservation of our heritage by engaging with community and government and a desire to ensure the day to day operations of the conservation team run smoothly. We offer a flexible work environment and a team focused on bringing our heritage to life.
About the organisation
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Conservation Manager via Pro Bono Australia.