About the role
The National Trust (NSW) is seeking an experienced Database Administrator to deliver a range of sustainable and efficient technology services to the organisation. This is an exciting new position created from the recently delivered 5 year Strategic Plan for the National Trust. Whilst the initial focus will be on the enhancement and optimisation of our CRM system, you will be involved in a number of major database projects that support core business across NSW.
Proven technical competence and an ability to build strong relationships across the business are all essential qualities, as you will be working with a diverse group of stakeholders. You will need to be both conceptual and hands-on if you are to meet your targets. Your greatest challenge will be to deliver outstanding results whilst respecting the limitations inherent in operating within a largely volunteer workforce.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the IT Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating and coordination with other teams to improve processes and promote effective strategic programs;
- Data Management of the membership database and providing assistance to other users;
- Timely delivery of scheduled and ad hoc reports using the CRM database and various reporting tools;
- Importing and exporting of data from and to internal partners in relation to donor processing, communications, database maintenance and fulfilment;
- Cleaning and data validation prior to import;
- Data quality of imported and exported data;
- Decision making on data classification and storage and identifying any gaps in the process;
- Assisting business areas to develop and document requirements for enhancements to the CRM business system;
- Implementation of data privacy policies, practices and procedures that will ensure the National Trust complies with privacy legislation;
- Working alongside the IT Manager to develop and implement projects related to the 5 year Strategic Plan ;
- Improving and refining other data sets across the organisation; eg Collections management, Grant Management, Facility/Asset Management, Volunteer database
You will be a highly organised forward-thinker, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work items to maximise your time, whilst also delivering an outstanding service to internal stakeholders and our members.
Additionally you will have the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in interpreting and investigating data using SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, problem solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Knowledge of NSW privacy legislation and information security policies
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with CRM platforms in a fundraising environment
- Ability to communicate with non-technical audiences
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the business
- Tertiary qualifications in business systems, IT or a related discipline
It would also be advantageous to have:
- Experience using the IMIS database
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS
- Recognised credibility and commitment to heritage/conservation
Ultimately we’re looking for that special someone who has an interest on our business and a desire to find ways to run our systems more efficiently. We offer a flexible work environment and value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
About the organisation
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging. To achieve this vision we require need to ensure the financial strengthen of the Trust.
How to apply for this role
For a full position description or any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to: email@example.com
Closing date: 22 November 2019
NB: Flexible Start Date: January 2020
Please quote in application: Database Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.