About the role
- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, Junaya Family Development Services (JFDS), is seeking a qualified and experienced, committed and enthusiastic Caseworker to engage with Aboriginal families in the local community.
Your new job…
This position provides case management services to Aboriginal children, young people and families in the local community as well as identify community gaps and service needs and be a support to the staff in the organisation providing information and learning opportunities on cultural competency.
The role is job-share opportunity being Permanent Part Time at 21 hours per week to be worked over 3 days per week (Tues, Wed, Thurs). Salary for this role is classified at level 4 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Blacktown but covers the whole of Blacktown LGA therefore some travel will be necessary, therefore you will need a current driver’s license.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, proactive, experienced professional with relevant tertiary qualifications as well as experience in all areas of case management, group work facilitation and demonstrated abilities in working collaboratively with other professionals.
- To identify as an Australian Aboriginal, having been accepted as an Australian Aboriginal in the community you live
- Minimum Certificate IV in Community Services or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in case management working collaboratively with Aboriginal communities and the provision of services to Aboriginal children, young people and families
- Sound knowledge of local Aboriginal communities and an understanding of issues facing Aboriginal families and community
- Demonstrated ability to understand and have knowledge of Aboriginal kinship systems, and cultural issues and be committed to a high level of service to the Aboriginal community and share information/resources with JFDS staff
- Ability to identify community needs and service gaps, advocate for clients and be responsive to client/staff feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work within a strengths-based, client-centred framework & ability to build a good rapport with clients working in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Demonstrated experience in planning, delivering and evaluating group work activities
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Cultural competence and ability to work with diverse communities
- Demonstrated experience in developing sustainable collaborative partnerships with other services
- Computer skills and experience working with client information electronically
- Ability to preserve & maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated experience and understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation (i.e. Keep Them Safe)
- Current driver’s licence and regular access to own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Current NSW Working with Children check clearance and willingness to participate in a National Police Background check
JFDS considers being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification for this position and are authorised under Section14(d) and Section 31(2h) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 to set this as criteria for this role specifically.
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay!
- Some above Award conditions
- Supportive team environment
If you have an experienced and passionate Aboriginal person with a strong background in case management and relevant qualifications then this is the role for you!
About the organisation
Your new employer…
Junaya Family Development Services is a community organisation located in Blacktown area and provides a range of services for families to assist in strengthening and building capacity.
JFDS offers an Early Intervention & prevention program (EIPP) providing information and advice for families who have children 0-18 years, as well as a 12-week home visiting program for families who have children 0-18 years and who live in the Blacktown LGA. In addition, they have a Learning Difficulties/Disability project also for families who have a children 0-18 years who experience a learning difficulty or disability and who reside in the Blacktown LGA.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about Junaya via https://junaya.org.au/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Worker (Aboriginal Families) via Pro Bono Australia.