About the role
Reporting to the Parish Priest (or his delegate), in this new role you will be accountable for the efficient operations of the Parish including financial, human resources, property and facilities management; information technology; marketing and communications.
You will assist the Parish Priest fulfil his Canonical duties as Administrator of the assets of the Parish and work collaboratively with other key stakeholder groups, including the Mission Leadership Team and Parish Finance Committee.
You will use your commercial and negotiation skills to manage contracts, building and development projects and be a key player in promoting the growth and sustainability of the Parish.
You will ensure that the Parish meets its compliance obligations and keep stakeholders informed through regular reporting and communication.
About you (Key Requirements)
Your operations experience, business sense and understanding of Parish structures are key to this role. Just as important is your inclusive and collaborative work style, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and proven people management ability.
You will be a negotiator and influencer and be happy to work independently with some guidance. You will be trustworthy and committed to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church and want to work for an organisation that is connected to the community.
You will have a flexible approach to work and be willing to work and attend meetings after hours as required.
Specifically, the following are our Key Requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. Business, Accounting, Finance, Book-keeping) or equivalent experience (Membership of one of the three recognised Australian accounting bodies is desirable)
- Experience in business administration, operations management, accounting, finance, people management and facilities/property management
- Demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church and a good understanding of how parishes operate
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, or similar, along with a general understanding of IT/computer equipment and their functionality
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills; attention to detail; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; and demonstrated ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
About the organisation
St John Bosco Engadine is part of the Archdiocese of Sydney and is a member of the Salesians of Don Bosco, Australia - Pacific Province.
The Parish includes St John Bosco Church at Engadine and Mary Help of Christians Church at Heathcote.
St John Bosco is a faith community, growing with Christ and his Church, building the Kingdom of God, in the Salesian Charism.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager, St John Bosco Parish Engadine via Pro Bono Australia.