About the role
Property Manager Retford Park / Regional Coordinator, Southern Highlands
National Trust of Australia (NSW)
- Location Southern Highlands, NSW
- Job Type Full-time
- Category Business
- Sectors : Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Reports to: Commercial Director
- Salary Package: $83-94k
The National Trust (NSW) is seeking an experienced Property Manager for the iconic Retford Park property with responsibility for all aspects of visitor experience. This role is also the first point of contact for Harper’s Mansion and the Southern Highlands Branch of the National Trust, providing them with guidance and support.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing strategies to improve the financial performance and visitation at the property, including but not limited to, event driven activities.
- Lead and manage contractors and volunteers to ensure they comply with all Trust Policies and relevant legislation, and have the appropriate skills to manage the property. This includes, but is not be limited to volunteer training such as guiding, work planning and rostering.
- Building relationships and working collaboratively with other cultural, government and educational institutions in the region.
- Managing the property and collection in accordance with the Conservation Management Plan, Trust policies and other relevant legislation.
- Representing the Trust at senior level in meetings with commercial, community, government and cultural organisations, local and state government and the media as directed by the CEO or Commercial Director.
- In collaboration with staff from the National Trust Centre (NTC) initiating, developing and overseeing the delivery of public programming, major exhibitions / events at the property to generate income.
- Managing the overall operations of the property including maintenance, retail, contractors and compliance with relevant legislation including WH+S.
- Acting as first point of contact for security and other emergency matters should they arise.
You will be an outstanding Property Manager with an ability to motivate people, inspire innovative projects and build long term relationships that deliver growth against targets. You will have qualifications in, or extensive experience of, history/architecture/collection management/museum practices within an Australian context, complemented with some experience in cultural tourism, community engagement and project development. This should include delivery of public programs, education programs, major exhibitions and events at a museum or cultural institution.
Additionally, you will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in developing budgets and strategies for improving visitation at a museum or cultural institution.
- Recognised credibility to act as the public face for an organisation demonstrated through first class written and verbal communication with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to source appropriate sponsorship for major events or special programs.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of time, staff and volunteers, budgets and major projects.
- Class C driver’s license and a willingness to travel to the NTC at Observatory Hill on occasion.
- Current NSW Working with Children Check number (WWCC).
We’re looking for someone who can manage properties in order to bring them to life, engage with the community and advocate for conservation. We offer a flexible work environment and value the highest levels of professionalism.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
For a full position description or any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email email@example.com
About the organisation
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging. To achieve this vision, we need to ensure the financial strengthen of the Trust.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Property Manager Retford Park / Regional Coord, Southern Hi via Pro Bono Australia.