About the role
Position title: State Manager, South Australia
Reports to: CEO
Reports to position: Nil
Full time equivalent: Part-time (0.6 FTE)
Objectives of the position
- Contribute to the sustainability of the arts and cultural sector in South Australia by promoting private sector support for the arts.
- Facilitate connections between the arts, business and philanthropic sectors in South Australia.
- Contribute to the development of Creative Partnerships’ strategy, policies, programs and servi
- Deliver Creative Partnerships’ programs and services in South Australia.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the arts, business and philanthropic sectors in the South Australia.
- Coach and mentor arts organisations and artists in South Australia, including facilitating the use of Creative Partnerships programs and services including professional development programs, funding programs and the Australia Cultural Fu
- Work with Indigenous arts organisations and artists in South Australia, including in regional and remote area
- In conjunction with the CEO and Executive Director Strategy and Programs, liaise with the South Australian Government to ensure services and programs delivered locally are relevant to the needs of the local arts sector.
- Provide high-level advice and prepare reports, briefings, correspondence and recommendations to the CEO and Executive Director Strategy and Programs as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of philanthropy, sponsorship and related legislation and taxation matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the South Australian arts sector.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Indigenous communities.
- Fundraising experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Well-developed written communication skill
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to provide clear and constructive advice and deliver quality presentation
- Proven experience with a range of computer and information technology programs, including a strong understanding of the operations of databases.
- Ability to provide detailed analysis of program effectiven
- Ability to priorities tasks, manage time and report to set deadlines.
- Ability to work in an environment characterised by change, conflicting priorities and sensitiviti
- Ability to operate in both a team environment and independently.
Knowledge and Skills
- Resource Management
- Plans for and manages risks
- Seeks more efficient ways of doing things
- Operates in accordance with delegated authority, consistent with organizational, departmental and government policies
- Written Communication
- Prepares briefs, letters, emails and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct language
- Ensures written communications contain necessary information to achieve their purpose
- Uses appropriate style and formats
- Has an understanding of the audience and how written materials may be interpreted
- Stakeholder Management
- Identifies key stakeholders of an issue/project
- Monitors client and stakeholder satisfaction
- Engages stakeholders and invests time in seeking their input
- Takes stakeholder needs and expectations into consideration when making recommendations
- Constructively deals with stakeholder issues and manages expectations
- Planning and Organising
- Puts a high priority on accomplishment and attaining results
- Identifies processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal
- Manages time effectively and completes tasks to deadline
- Distinguishes between the more and less critical activities and operates accordingly, reviewing, consulting and adjusting as required
- Uses systems and procedures to guide work and track progress
- Recognises barriers and finds effective ways to deal with them
- ED Operations & Marketing
- ED Programs & Strategy
- State Managers
- Programs Team
- Finance & Operations Team
- Communications & Marketing Team
- SA artists and arts organisations
- Foundations and trusts
- Business community
- South Australian Government
About the organisation
Creative Partnerships Australia’s purpose is to foster a culture of private sector support for the arts in Australia; to grow a more sustainable, vibrant and ambitious cultural sector for the benefit of all Australians.
How to apply for this role
For inquiries about the position please contact Jayne Lovelock on 03 9616 0302.
Please submit applications to Jayne Lovelock, Executive Director Operations & Marketing at email@example.com by 5pm AEDST Monday 9 December.
Please quote in application: State Manager, South Australia via Pro Bono Australia.