About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time, ongoing position based in Burwood East
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Team Leader to join a multi-disciplinary team based at Burwood East. The position is full time and ongoing. The Team Leader is responsible for leading and developing a team of employees and a long standing group of volunteers who are instrumental in delivering program services. The role has an operational and site management focus with an expectation to participate in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
The Team Leader oversees the delivery, development and performance of a range of programs located at the East Burwood site including:
- Family Services
- Emergency Relief
To be successful in your application you will have:
- A Bachelor level degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Science or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing a team within a complex service delivery environment
- Extensive knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to the child, youth and families sector
- Proven ability to engage and collaborate with a volunteer workforce in a manner that recognises their contributions
- A consumer-centric approach with a focus on achieving optimal sustainable outcomes for consumers and the community
- The ability to thrive in a busy, innovative work environment – being flexible in prioritising your workload to suit the needs of the program
About the organisation
At uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Child, Youth & Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.