About the role
ABOUT THIS ROLE
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a dedicated Youth Programs Manager to join our Service Delivery Team. This role is offered on a full-time basis and is based in our Campbelltown office.
The Programs Manager is accountable to the Regional Manager for the effective and efficient management of community programs including:
- Y- PEP
- Youth Frontiers
- Youth Programs
Management of these programs include but are not limited to:
- Development and enhancement of relationships in the community, schools, the youth sector and key stakeholders
- Leadership of Coordinators/team leaders to ensure quality supervision and support to program staff (confirm titles)
- Program contract management including adhering to guidelines, acquittals and reporting
- Ensuring effective delivery of services using a strengths based approach
- Funding stakeholder engagement and input into submissions as needed
- Face to face casework with clients as needed (not required)
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Demonstrated experience working in youth programs.
- Experience working as part of a management team to develop, implement and monitor an operational plan.
- Previous experience establishing, building and maintaining strategic networks with external providers and potential funding bodies to improve service delivery and enhance collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to review, develop and implement organisational policies, guidelines and procedures in accordance with strategic planning principles, priorities and legislative requirements.
- Ability to plan and manage resource acquisition requirements for operational programs in order to achieve a balanced budget and optimal client outcomes.
- Experience in providing regular supervision and support to staff to ensure that key performance targets and reporting requirements are being met on time and to the required standard.
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholders and contributing to tender and funding submissions as required.
- Ability to apply a high level understanding of the requirements necessary to manage programs in the non-government organisation sector.
- Hold a valid NSW Driver’s License.
- A valid NSW working with children or working with vulnerable people check.
- Strong supporter of Women’s Rights and willing to push the boundaries.
- Team player who is approachable with strong interpersonal and listening skills together with the ability to empower.
- Results focused, self-motivated and a self-starter who goes above and beyond.
- Doesn’t settle, strives for continues improvement and has a high level of integrity.
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment
INTERESTED? APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Applications close: 25th November 2019
About the organisation
ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
Our evidence-based programs and services aim to be inclusive of all women and offer support with housing, homelessness, safety and wellbeing. We aim to positively impact the lives of more than two million women, young women and girls by the end of 2023.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Programs Manager via Pro Bono Australia.