About the role
Based at Wellington High School just outside of Dubbo, you’ll deliver programs designed to engage, mentor and inspire the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people we work with. You’ll also be immersed in diverse projects that keep you challenged every day and be supported by teammates who share your values and dedication.
A typical day might involve:
- Facilitating a 2 hour goal-setting workshop for a group of 16 year olds
- Taking appropriate photos of the goal-setting workshop and emailing them to NASCA’s Marketing Coordinator to upload on social media
- Chatting with a community Elder to coordinate an upcoming cultural event
- Brainstorming with program co-workers to come up with new ideas for making program activities better
- Recording participant data and analysing social impact results for the week
- Preparing a sports workshop to deliver the next day for a group of 12 year old
Above all, NASCA offer you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people we work with. We also offer:
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- The support of our highly skilled and dedicated team
- A 35hr working week (we’ll consider part time applications for 28 hours a week)
- A base salary between $50,000 and $62,000 per annum (matched to your experience) + superannuation and salary sacrifice benefits
- 4 weeks annual leave and additional study leave and cultural/ceremonial leave provisions
About the organisation
NASCA has had a lot to celebrate lately. We're a reshaped, Aboriginal led organisation that is on the rise.
We serve communities in NSW, WA and the NT, working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people to create a strength-based, culturally strong environment that ultimately results in Indigenous Australians realising a level of health and prosperity on par with other Australians.
We address the root causes of inequality, and use our Aboriginal knowledge and expertise to ensure young people stay strong in their culture and identity and are resilient in combating the structural and systemic bias and racism prevalent in Australia today.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Support Officer (Dubbo) via Pro Bono Australia.