About the role
- Emerging charitable role
- Lead change in direction & focus
- Opportunity to shape the future
The CEO reports to the Board, providing inspirational and effective leadership with overall responsibility for activities in line with PCT’s strategic directions. You will explore mission-related opportunities and collaborate with service providers across Tasmania.
Key organisational responsibilities embrace
- development and review of strategic plan and budget (in consultation with the Board)
- financial management and general administration
- capacity building with support of congregations and General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church
- building upon relationships and synergies with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
For this pivotal position within PCT, you should have
- management experience in a community services, charitable or for-purpose organisation
- knowledge of Commonwealth & State standards related to charities & Incorporated Associations
- ability to align behavior and ethical standards with the mission, values and goals of PCT
- demonstrated analytical, written and oral communication skills, including report writing
- ability to work with peers and stakeholders in other organisations to maximise performance.
About the organisation
For over 60 years Presbyterian Care Tasmania Inc (PCT) provided aged care services through nursing homes across Tasmania. In 2017, with the sale of these aged care operations, the Board now actively oversees the investment, management and distribution of income and capital funds. Using this funding, together with partnerships and social capital opportunities, the Board is driving its mission to provide supportive services and care for vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Tasmania, regardless of creed, through Christian support, kindness and relief. The Board is unashamedly proud of its Christian heritage and ethos of “We Exist to Serve Christ In All We Do”.
How to apply for this role
If you’re looking for a unique, challenging and rewarding role in a values-driven Christian organisation, please send your application to email@example.com or call Philip Mayers on 03 9935 2902.
Please quote in application: CHIEF EXECUTIVE via Pro Bono Australia.