About the role
National Affordable Housing Consortium (NAHC) is a not for profit, social value enterprise established in 2008 through the increasing need for more affordable housing options in Australia.
NAHC has delivered 3520 new affordable rental homes across three states, facilitated over $1.4b in new housing supply, enabled home ownership through an innovative shared equity program, and directly manages 2300 homes through property management services in Queensland and Victoria.
NAHC works with the property industry, community sector, financiers and government to deliver innovative projects and initiatives which address market failure, are commercially viable and meet community needs.
Benefits & Culture
- Ethical, values driven organisation
- Executive level salary package
- Proactive and highly committed team
- Supportive board committed to investment in the company to enable development
Following success and growth over the last ten years, the organisation is now moving into its next stage of development with a new strategic framework and executive leadership structure.
This uplifted strategic finance position will lead all aspects of financial performance to ensure a strong financial position for the NAHC Group including:
- work closely with the executive team on innovative investment structures and funding sources
- Strategic financial management, planning, oversight and review
- Cost and income optimisation, management of funding contracts, liquidity, property trust accounting
- Best practice risk management, compliance and financial management systems
- Strategic analysis, advice and reporting to the MD, leadership team and board
- Leadership in the development of the NAHC investment plan
You have a successful track record in senior financial leadership roles, from sectors such as, but not limited to, property, financial services, corporate treasury or infrastructure, with accounting qualifications including CA or CPA. You are a strategic thinker, commercially astute and you are able to demonstrate:
- Expertise in accounting, analytics, reporting and financial advisory
- Experience in capital investment and working with complex financing arrangements
- Understanding of investment scenarios in property or infrastructure
- Project financing and portfolio strategy experience
- Strong knowledge of NFP sector, financial governance frameworks, regulatory obligations/reporting
- Experience leading and working as part of an executive team, preferably in a values led environment
Drive NAHC’s financial capabilities to increase affordable housing options and supply. Please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills require above. To discuss your interest please call Louise Furlong in Brisbane on 07 5530 8066.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Chief Financial Officer via Pro Bono Australia.