About the role
National Affordable Housing Consortium (NAHC) is a not for profit, social value enterprise established in 2008 through the increasing need for more affordable housing options in Australia.
NAHC works to increase affordable housing supply, partnering with the property industry, community sector, financiers and government to deliver innovative projects and initiatives for affordable housing options which are investable, commercially viable and meet community needs. NAHC also contributes to the national conversation on affordable housing and its vital importance to communities.
NAHC has delivered 3520 new affordable rental homes across three states, facilitated over $1.4b in new housing supply, enabled home ownership through an innovative shared equity program, and directly manages 2300 homes through property management services in Queensland and Victoria.
Benefits & Culture
- Drive efficiency and innovation within a highly values driven organisation
- Executive level salary package
- Proactive and highly committed team
- Supportive board committed to investment in the company to enable development
Following success and growth over the last ten years, the organisation is now moving into its next stage of development with a new strategic framework. The Chief Operating Officer is a newly created key role within the executive leadership structure, reporting to and working closely with the Managing Director.
You will support the delivery of NAHC’s strategic and business plans, build best practice operational management capability, systems and infrastructure, and ensure consistency of operational processes across the Group, including ownership of:
- Corporate services – human resources, IT, WHS
- Group governance, risk management and compliance frameworks and systems
- Legal services, commissioning of services and contract management
- Continuous improvement initiatives to strengthen NAHC’s performance and competitiveness
- High level guidance and oversight of NAHC’s self-directed property management teams
You are a proven and strategic senior executive with corporate management expertise within a complex or diverse business. You bring a commercial mindset, long-term vision, and a progressive style of people leadership with the ability to implement strategy, mentor and inspire team achievement.
Additionally you can demonstrate experience and success in:
- Leading organisational change and staff engagement initiatives
- Developing operational management capability, systems and infrastructure
- Identifying and implementing efficiency drivers
- Commissioning of services
- Creating and sustaining a culture of continuous quality improvement
- Ensuring contractual, legal, governance and legislative compliance
If you believe in the basic human right of every person to a home, without exception or judgement, and are motivated to drive NAHC’s vision, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. To discuss your interest please call Louise Furlong in Brisbane on 07 5530 8066
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Chief Operating Officer via Pro Bono Australia.