About the role
• Develop your career with a variety of work
• Supportive environment
• Salary packaging benefits
An exciting opportunity exists for a Generalist Counsellor to work within the Community Health team. This is a permanent part time position of 53.2 hours per fortnight, located at the Rosebud Community Health Centre. Staff may be required to work across other Community Health sites to meet program needs. The work is varied with a mixture of individual and group work. Regular clinical support and a developed team structure are features of the role.
Applications are sought from experienced counsellors who are either fully registered Psychologists registered with AHPRA, or Social Workers with eligibility for membership with the AASW. Knowledge of trauma intervention, including family violence, is essential.
• Provide high quality counselling, casework and group work.
• Contribute positively to a team dedicated to innovation and excellence.
• Commit to ongoing staff development, clinical supervision and professional development that enhances the counselling service for the target population
• Work within the Community Health Counselling: Policy framework and program standards (DHS 2009) and meet community health set targets.
Salary packaging benefits and a comprehensive clinical and non-clinical training and development program is available to all staff.
About the organisation
Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula.
Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at Frankston and Rosebud, and we provide a wide range of community health, dental, rehabilitation, mental health, palliative care ad aged care services from campuses at Frankston, Hastings, Mornington and Rosebud.
Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Services, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
For more information on Peninsula health please feel welcome to visit our website http://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/
How to apply for this role
To apply for this position, please click on link which will re-direct you to our careers page. From our Careers page, to apply please click on 'Apply Now' and follow the below steps to finalise your application:
Existing Account Users:
1. Click 'Sign in' and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter
New Account Users:
1. Click 'Register' to create an account
2. Once registered, click 'Sign in' in the top right hand corner
3. Type in the reference number (located at the top of the ad)
4. Re click 'Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter
If you experience any issues signing in or registering to our careers page, please feel welcome to contact our HR Hotline on 03 9784 2700.
If you have any questions specific to the positon you are applying for, please feel welcome to contact the hiring manager via the contact details below
• Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must complete a National Criminal History Records Check, meet the immunisation requirements of their role and demonstrate evidence of current work rights to work in Australia prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a Working With Children Check card. To find out more about our quality employment standards and to prepare your application to join our team please visit: https://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/careers/working-preparing-employment/
Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
• Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
Click here to view information on living on the Mornington Peninsula
Click here to view information on preparing for your employment at Peninsula Health
Please quote in application: Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.