About the role
The Digital Content Officer works with the team to lead the implementation of digital content initiatives; to create digital resources and increase awareness, engagement and reach across the Creative Partnerships Australia and Australian Cultural Fund’s digital channels; and to ensure channel optimisation and brand consistency.
The position reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager and collaborates with other units within the agency to identify content that fulfils and furthers Creative Partnerships Australia’s strategic objectives.
The key relationships of the position are:
Marketing and Communications Manager; Executive Director – Operations and Marketing; ACF Manager; Events and Partnerships Manager; Operations Coordinator; Programs team and State Managers.
Contractors; general suppliers; IT; web developers and CRM service suppliers; arts organisations and agencies; independent artists, arts investors and supporters.
The key duties of the position are:
• Manage content creation, editorial process and delivery as directed by the Marketing and Communications Manager, including scoping, writing, commissioning editing and publishing content across Creative Partnerships and the Australian Cultural Fund’s digital channels.• Coordinate Creative Partnerships Australia’s social media channels, providing advice to the Marketing and Communications Manager in the best strategic use of online platforms.
• Design and deliver visual and content assets including social media assets, video content, blogs, email marketing templates and advertisements, ensuring that they are on-brand and optimised for digital consumption.
• Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to determine media opportunities, amplifying Creative Partnerships Australia and the Australian Cultural Fund’s digital presence through engagement with online media agencies.
• Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to contribute to a continually evolving digital content strategy that supports short and long term marketing initiatives, funding programs, events and other activities.
• Manage and implement a comprehensive editorial calendar in line with the overall Marketing and Communications and Strategy, to promote Creative Partnerships Australia and the Australian Cultural Fund’s programs and activities, and work with Marketing and Communications Manager to define and target particular groups.
• Manage and develop Creative Partnerships Australia’s and the Australian Cultural Fund’s social media activity in line with the overall Marketing and Communications Strategy, to increase engagement, share news and grow our communities.
• Work with staff and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of engaging content relevant to the sector and Creative Partnerships Australia’s strategic objectives across all digital channels.
• Assist in the management of the Creative Partnerships Australia and Australian Cultural Fund brands, including logo management and branding for marketing and corporate collateral.
• Using online analytics and other data, report on the performance of marketing and communications activities across Creative Partnerships Australia and the Australian Cultural Fund’s digital channels, provide insights and recommendations, and map content for different formats and audiences.
• Work with the operations team to improve the marketing team’s systems, processes and ability to segment using Salesforce CRM.
• Monitor the performance of content and tools and work with the Marketing and Communications Manager, ACF Manager and web developers to understand user behaviour and iteratively improve the performance of digital channels.
• Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to support Creative Partnerships Australia and Australian Cultural Fund goals and priority areas by driving and implementing innovative, relevant marketing, digital content and social media strategies.
The Key Selection Criteria are:
1. Relevant tertiary qualification/s (marketing, communications or related field)
2. An energetic approach to digital marketing and ability to manage editorial workflow
3. Experience writing long and short form digital with proven ability to create engaging and channel-specific content
4. Skilled in designing for digital with a strong awareness of specs, formats and compression requirements
5. Skilled in gathering, analysing and interpreting data on, and improving the reach and awareness of, a range of digital activities; including use of Google Analytics and CRMs, Facebook Insights and SEO optimisation and best practices
6. High-level proficiency with systems such as WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, social media management platforms, email marketing software, video editing software, survey software and ticketing systems
7. Ability to prioritise tasks, work well under pressure, think laterally, communicate openly and work as part of a team
8. The ability and drive to take initiative and think creatively
9. A passion for digital and the creative and cultural industries
About the organisation
Creative Partnerships Australia is a national organisation which aims to foster a culture of giving, investment, partnership and volunteering to the arts; bringing donors, businesses, artists and arts organisations together. Our goal is to assist Australian artists and arts organisations attract and maintain private sector support and, therefore, diversify their sources of revenue, leading to a more sustainable, ambitious and vibrant arts sector for the benefit of all Australian.
Creative Partnerships administers the Australian Cultural Fund (ACF), a not-for-profit fundraising platform for Australian artists and arts organisations that was established in 2003 to encourage and facilitate tax-deductible donations to the arts. The Australian Cultural Fund operates as a distinct but connected entity, with its own programs, services, objectives and measures.
How to apply for this role
To apply, please refer to the position description and the job listing on our website.
Please contact Ebony Addinsall, Marketing and Communications Manager, on 03 9616 0308 or email@example.com for any queries regarding the role.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 27 January 2020.
Please quote in application: Digital Content Officer via Pro Bono Australia.