About the role
Disability Program Instructor
Are you passionate about supporting people with disabilities? Do you love developing, writing and implementing support strategies? Do you enjoy supporting people in sensory programs and have experience in developing and implementing such programs? Due to unprecedented demand for our service under the NDIS we have a several unique opportunities for you to join our dynamic team.
Carinya Society is a community based organisation located in Coburg that provides outstanding services to individuals with disabilities that facilitate choice, support and values each individuals as an integral part of the community in which they live.
We are currently looking for instructor staff for fixed term part time roles, as well as casual opportunities.
As a valued member of the team, Disability Program Instructors will be required to support individuals to achieve their goals, encourage independence and assist with their day to day needs. You will also provide physical support, personal care and assistance with activities of daily living.
If you are attentive, energetic and possess a positive attitude toward working with people with disabilities and their families, this may be the role for you. You will work alongside individuals creating partnerships and connections within their local communities.
Successful applicants require:
- Experience working in the disability field.
- An appropriate qualification such as Certificate IV in Disability.
- Be energetic and supportive – with a can do attitude!
- A person centred approach or broad and relevant life experience.
- The ability to maximise empowerment, independence and enhance community inclusion
- Flexible to work in a variety of situations and compliment a motivated team
- Great listening skills and high level ability to communicate to a variety of stakeholders.
- Basic word processing skills.
- A current Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
- Clear national and international (if applicable) Police Check or willingness to undertake prior to commencing
- Willingness to undergo and have a clear DWES check.
Staff have access to an extremely supportive environment, ongoing training and an EAP program, in addition to great facilities. You will be entitled to 6 weeks annual leave (pro-rata) during allocated term breaks and access to salary packaging.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Information for applicants:
- A full copy of the position description is attached
- Applications addressing the key selection criteria can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quoting reference number CAR123
- Applications close at 5:00pm on 28th February 2020.
Please quote in application: Disability Program Instructor via Pro Bono Australia.