About the role
- High-profile consumer body
- Communications industry
- Supportive work environment
This is a great opportunity for an Economic Adviser to join our small, but highly effective, team. Reporting to our Director of Policy, you will hit the ground running and apply your economic analysis to a wide range of communications consumer policy initiatives.
Your interest and knowledge in communications issues, as well as excellent analytical and stakeholder liaison skills, will be the key to your success in this role. Your capacity for strategic issues management will ensure that ACCAN remains dynamic and responsive to emerging issues. You are committed to consumer rights and have a passion for social justice and fair markets.
Essential Skills for position
- An understanding of communications policy issues generally , or the capacity to quickly acquire this knowledge in this area
- An academic background in economics and/or competition law
- Knowledge of public policy processes
- A commitment to the effective representation of consumers
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to draft submissions
- The ability to undertake research, analyse data and identify trends and consumer impacts
- Proficiency in information and communications technology
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision
Desired Skills for position
- Knowledge and experience of working in the community sector
- Understanding of the needs of people with disabilities
Benefits & Remuneration
A salary is negotiable depending on your experience and qualifications. Please contact ACCAN Director of Policy on 02 9288 4000 for more details. In support of a work/life balance, benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
Closing Date: 24 February 2020
A position description, including selection criteria, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
ACCAN is an EEO employer: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, ACCAN, is Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues. ACCAN is an important and independent consumer voice promoting the accessibility, quality of service, affordability and availability of communications services for all Australian consumers.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Economic Adviser via Pro Bono Australia.