About the role
Victoria Police Legacy is seeking a high motivated person for an initial appointment of 2 years, for a newly created part time (22.8 hours – 3 days per week) Field Officer position. As a member of a small and highly motivated and team, you will have: –
- A relevant vocational or tertiary qualification and/or demonstrated knowledge and experience in the areas of Social Work, Welfare Work or Community Development;
- An understanding of, or relationship to, the policing environment is desirable;
- Knowledge of the process of grieving or willingness to undertake training;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to engage with people, including young people, who are grieving the loss of a partner, parent or child;
- High level of emotional intelligence and empathy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an inclusive approach to people of all ages and from all walks of life
- Strong commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of VPL
- Understanding and appreciation of privacy laws particularly in relation to client information
- Good computer skills in particular knowledge and experience of MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- A current driver’s licence is mandatory, as is the ability to travel and stay overnight for events in regional areas.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a small team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
This position would suit the right skilled individual who may be wishing to work 22.8 hours per week over a 3-day period.
About the organisation
Victoria Police Legacy (VPL), now in its 40th year, is a ‘for purpose’ not for profit charitable organisation established to provide ongoing support to the families of deceased serving and retired sworn members of Victoria Police and sworn serving and retired members of Victoria Police, Protective Services Officers and recruits in training, who have lost a spouse or partner. Support to sworn members of Victoria Police and their families who have suffered the loss of a child aged 21 years or younger, or who are experiencing grief or hardship caused by imminent or actual death or permanent (prolonged) disability is also provided.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Field Officer via Pro Bono Australia.