About the role
- Newly created Senior Finance role
- New season of growth and opportunities
- Attractive salary package
Currently undergoing a period of positive growth, our Client, Churches of Christ Financial Services are now seeking to appoint a new Finance Manager to work directly with the Managing Director of CCFS, where you will be responsible for financial reporting across the group, managing the accounting team, providing advice to churches and assisting the MD and CFO with operational matters.
Other key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintaining effective financial management, ensuring sound business practices and compliance are achieved.
- Preparation of monthly financial management reports and month end processes, taxation and statutory compliance including year-end and audit;
- Manage the annual budgeting, forecasting and audit processes.
- Manage cash flow and treasury functions for the respective financial services, investments and trust funds across the CCVT Group.
- Develop and maintain systems to provide up to date and accurate financial information, including trust and investment accounts.
- Be a key member of the leadership team where you can add value on strategic and investment opportunities.
The successful candidate will be CA/CPA qualified with tertiary qualifications in commerce/ or accounting, possess a track record of achievement in a key finance role where you have lead change and improved business processes, with a focus on budgeting, financial planning and management reporting. We are seeking an astute finance leader who can provide exemplary financial leadership and skill in a service organisation, be outcomes focused and have proven experience managing teams and reporting to boards or sub committees. Your understanding of current accounting standards and tax regulations as they relate to not for profits will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will be a person of faith who is strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian Organisation who is looking for a key finance position where you can use your skills and abilities to really make a difference. In return you will be offered a competitive salary package, broad scope of diverse work and opportunity for growth in the position.
About the organisation
Our Client, Churches of Christ Financial Services is part of Churches of Christ Vic/Tas and exists to support Church growth and development through innovative, competitive and cost effective financial and related services tailored to the unique needs of Christian mission. Churches of Christ Vic/Tas (CCVT) is a movement of more than 130 Communities of Hope and Compassion spread across Victoria and Tasmania.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this key role please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information please call Linton Deane on 03 9653 9468.
Applications close on Monday 3rd February 2020.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.