About the role
Guide Dogs Australia is one of Australia’s most trusted charities. For over 60 years, Guide Dogs organisations’ have been assisting children, teenagers, adults and the elderly who have low vision or blindness achieve their goals in life. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of Guide Dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults as well as social networking programs to support active community participation.
Guide Dogs Australia currently has a vacancy for a National Business Development Specialist to join the team, reporting to the National Corporate Partnerships Manager. The purpose of this position is to establish new relationships within the commercial and corporate sector, and convert these to revenue and capacity building for Guide Dogs, building out a long term sustainable income stream.
This position may be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
Responsibilities in the role include:
- Identify key opportunities within the corporate sector that align with Guide Dogs values and objectives
- Seek business partnerships through prospecting and research, conducting due diligence, cultivating and soliciting corporate organisations
- Look for opportunities to integrate corporate sponsors into the organisation through revenue and capacity building, which may also include cause-related marketing campaigns, shared value, gift in kind, and workplace giving
- Meet or exceed the financial targets set out and agreed to for the role
- Manage and track relevant budget and prospect pipeline to ensure the targets are on track
- Build, maintain and managed key external relationships
This role requires someone with at least a tertiary qualification in a related field such as Marketing, Business or Fundraising. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role, either in a not-for-profit or corporate background, with the proven ability to successfully coordinate partnership relationships.
We are looking for someone with well-developed planning, research, stakeholder management and organisational skills with superior attention to detail. An established track record in managing multiple projects, shifting priorities and changing expectations under short deadlines is also a must have.
Applicants who are blind or have low vision are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) may be made via our website at: https://guidedogsnswact-external.applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/GDNA25-national-business-development-specialist
How to apply
Please quote in application: National Business Development Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.