About the role
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
LOCATION: MELBOURNE, SYDNEY OR BRISBANE
RESPONSIBLE TO: DIRECTOR – DEFENCE MEMBERS (MELBOURNE BASED)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: N/A
- Prince’s Trust Australia Senior Management Team
- Potential participants, including transitioning defence members, veterans, and family members of current or former serving personnel
- Enterprise for Veterans and Families facilitators and program alumni
- Events and operational staff of Prince’s Trust Australia partners
- Approachable: We are open-minded and value diversity
- Non-judgemental: We focus on the potential, not the past
- Inspiring: We lead by example
- Empowering: We enable positive change
- Passionate: We are absolutely committed to supporting Australians
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUCCESS CRITERIA
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for on-the-day delivery of Prince’s Trust Australia’s Enterprise for Veterans and Families program. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the outreach, program delivery, and ongoing community engagement for clients exploring self-employment and entrepreneurship. An ideal candidate is passionate about inspiring others to explore opportunities, with strong administrative and relationship management skills, creative thinking, and a capacity to adapt language and delivery to differing environments.
The Program Coordinator will be the ‘face’ of Prince’s Trust Australia for program participants. Prince’s Trust Australia will support the Program Coordinator with appropriate training to successfully implement programs that reflect Prince’s Trust Group values. Delivery is conducted in an engaging and educational way, ensuring a safe and supportive environment for all participants involved. The Program Coordinator will be required to travel interstate frequently.
- Cultivation and Design: Develop and deliver outreach and assessment activities to engage potential Enterprise participants. Assist the Director and Enterprise facilitators to adjust program design as applicable to different audiences.
- Preparation and Delivery: Responsible for the delivery of Prince’s Trust Australia’s Enterprise for Veterans boot camps and symposiums (approximately 20 programs and events delivered nationally per financial year). This includes, but is not limited to, briefing participants and guest speakers, preparing all logistics, briefing Enterprise facilitators, managing incident reports, and complying with Prince’s Trust Australia’s safeguarding policies.
- Review: Responsible for maintaining impact measurement and evaluation systems per program and conducting regular assessments of the Enterprise content and operational framework.
- Operations: Lead Prince’s Trust Australia’s Enterprise program delivery. Responsibilities include impact reporting, pre and post program logistics, procurement, budget support, and leading alumni community engagement, including participant follow-up activities, marketing, and signposting. The Program Coordinator will also be required to undertake facilitator training and will engage in collaborative relationships with external suppliers, ex-service organisations, and internal stakeholders.
- Online Support: As Prince’s Trust Australia develops online post-program engagement tools, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, delivering and evaluating these tools.
- Communications: Assists the Prince’s Trust Australia team to create and deliver a range of content and collateral for external audiences across Prince’s Trust Australia’s communications platforms, including social media.
- Business Resources: Develop and/or deepen knowledge of the Australian small business sector to better support participants of the program. This may include an awareness of current business initiatives or networks of business support agencies, design thinking and start-up methodologies, and/or a strong understanding of the Australian small business landscape. The Program Coordinator is responsible for communicating business advice and guidance safely.
- Passionate about supporting Australian communities
- Ability to work flexibly, practically and proactively
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional administrative and event management skills
- Positive and proactive, open to change and feedback
- Listens to others and adapts communication to suit them
- Resourceful self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Creative problem-solver and opportunity-focused mindset
- Comfortable working within a small, dynamic and expanding team with a diverse portfolio
- Commitment to, and alignment with, Prince’s Trust Australia’s values
- Proven enabler, empowering others with confidence and creativity and encouraging entrepreneurial mindsets
- Demonstrable experience in event management and/or outreach
- Experience working independently and with small teams
- Experience working with diverse audiences
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship, small business and/or the Australian defence community
Working Hours: 38-hour working week, across Monday to Friday. The role involves commitments required outside of regular working hours, including events and regular interstate travel. The office of Prince’s Trust Australia is based in Melbourne. Successful applicants from interstate will be required to work remotely.
The Prince’s Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
About the organisation
PRINCE’S TRUST AUSTRALIA
Prince’s Trust Australia’s mission is to deliver social impact, by transforming lives and building sustainable communities in Australia. We achieve this by:
- Promoting Enterprise Skills among Australians, by supporting Australian youth to make the journey from education into employment and helping military veterans and their families to transition into self-employment.
- We promote Sustainable Communities, by encouraging Australians to embrace the best in sustainable urbanism and support young professionals to enter into traditional trades and design.
Prince’s Trust Australia is part of The Prince’s Trust Group. The Prince’s Trust Group provides meaningful support to young people, Indigenous communities, military veterans and environmental projects. The Prince’s Trust Group is a global network of charities founded by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales. It includes work carried out by Prince’s Trust in Australia, and affiliated charities in New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom and a range of other countries through The Prince’s Trust International.