About the role
Location: The Melbourne or Sydney office location of the role will be by negotiation, however occasional travel will be required in NSW, Victoria and South Australia.
11-month Contract – 2 days a week ($45.00 hourly rate plus superannuation)
The Australian Province has made the ‘Bookends Project’ a key element of its mission and calls on Jesuit ministries to advance initiatives related to our growth in understanding, knowledge, advocacy and opportunities for our First Nations peoples and refugees and people seeking asylum.
As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Officer to join the Social Ministries team and provide passion, practicality and project management for the Province’s Bookends Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Project.
The project officer will need to support/collaborate with the Delegate, Social Ministries (DSM) in implementing the 5-Year Bookends Strategy and Annual Bookends Action Plan across the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus.
- Develop relationships with keys stakeholders across Jesuit to foster a culture of trust and understanding.
- Foster awareness, knowledge and personal encounters with our First Nations people to enable a more personal and relational understanding of their plight.
- Improve understanding of our ethical responsibility as Christians and global persons to stand in solidarity with First Nations peoples.
- Develop and foster inclusive opportunities for First Nations peoples within our Jesuit Ministries and the broader Australian Society.
- Develop and update resources for ministries including websites, publications, social media related to the Bookends ATSI aspect.
- In collaboration with the Bookends Refugee & People Seeking Asylum (R&PSA) Project Officer, form an advisory committee to assist in growth and effectiveness of the project across our ministries.
- In collaboration with the R&PSA Project Officer, produce an annual report reflecting the progress of Jesuit ministries against the Bookends Project.
- In collaboration with DSM, implement the annual Bookends operational plan.
We are looking for someone who can operate at a strategic level, possesses a practical approach to our Bookends (ATSI) Project and can implement an effective operational plan so as to achieve the Province’s mission. Ideally the successful candidate will possess and have demonstrable knowledge the following:
- Experience in project management, strategic thinking and strategic planning, preferably related to ATSI issues and opportunities.
- Experience delivering workshops, training and facilitating group sessions.
- Understanding of the characteristics of a Jesuit approach to social issues and the Society of Jesus’ commitment to a faith that does justice.
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- An understanding and a desire to grow in the following areas: Ignatian spirituality and values.
For a copy of the full position description please email, email@example.com. If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer – Bookends Project via Pro Bono Australia.