About the role
Location: The Melbourne or Sydney office location of the role will be by negotiation. Occasional travel will be required in NSW, Victoria and South Australia.
11-month Contract – 2 days a week ($45.00 hourly rate plus superannuation)
The Asia Pacific Jesuit Conference has made ‘Reconciliation with Creation’ one of the key elements of its mission, calling on Jesuit ministries to develop concrete programs and initiatives to address our Reconciliation with Creation commitment.
As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Social Ministries team who can provide passion, practicality and overall project management for the Australian Province’s Reconciliation with Creation (RWC) Plan. You will be responsible for bringing the RWC Plan to life in partnership with a supportive Advisory Committee and Delegate for Social Ministries.
The project officer will need to support the Delegate, Social Ministries (DSM) in implementing the 5-Year RWC Strategy and Annual RWC Action Plan across the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus. In addition, you will need to support Jesuit ministries (including schools, parishes, social services, spirituality, communications and administration) as they develop, implement and report on their RWC action plans.
- Develop relationships of trust and understanding with key stakeholders across Jesuit ministries.
- Provide administrative support to DSM and RWC Committee Chair related to meetings and reports.
- Develop and provide resources for Jesuit ministries related to advocacy, ecological conversion, research and best practice in the field of ecology.
- Develop and update resources for ministries related to websites, publications, social media related to the RWC Project.
- In collaboration with the DSM and RWC Chair:
– Produce an annual report.
– Assist in the collection and compilation of reports from Jesuit Ministries.
– Explore strategic relationships and network beyond the Jesuit sector to develop new initiatives and responses to issues related to RWC.
- In collaboration with DSM and the RWC Committee, implement the annual RWC action plan.
We are looking for someone who can operate at a strategic level, possesses a practical approach to RWC and can manage a variety of perspectives. Ideally the successful candidate will possess and have demonstrable knowledge the following:
- Project Management experience preferably related to environmental science or ecology.
- Prior experience in strategic thinking and planning.
- Understanding of the characteristics of a Jesuit approach to social issues and the Society of Jesus’ commitment to a faith that does justice.
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders with varying perspectives.
- An understanding and a desire to grow in the following areas: Ignatian spirituality and values.
- Understanding of ecology, Laudato si’ and Caring for Creation
For a copy of the full position description please email, email@example.com. If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer – Reconciliation with Creation via Pro Bono Australia.