About the role
Join one of Victoria’s Leading Not-For-Profits!
Full Time, Ongoing Role
Box Hill Location
Tax Reducing Salary Packaging
Recognising who we bring into the organisation has a significant impact on the culture and success of the Society. This position ensures the professional, responsive and timely delivery of services to St Vincent de Paul Conferences across Victoria.
The Volunteer Recruitment Adviser (Membership) will promote and drive an innovative recruitment process and system and ensure the ongoing development of Conference Membership throughout all our Victorian locations. This role will support Conferences to develop and grow their volunteer Membership cohort, to be effective in their responses to the most disadvantaged in our communities by increasing the presence and awareness in community of what a member is and how to get involved.
About the HR Department
The Human Resources Division is made up 21 staff who love to celebrate the milestones and events happening for our team members and as such, you will always find some type of morning tea treats being shared within our work area. We have a great culture which is all about sharing ideas, knowledge and support and on occasion we take time out to get social over lunch on Friday afternoons. The department teams include Learning and Development, Health Wellbeing and Safety, Mission and Spirituality and HR Operations, which consists of Recruitment, HR Advisory, and Compliance. This newly developed position will report to the HR Operations Manager.
- Background and knowledge in end to end recruitment, preferably internal within a large complex environment with demonstrated experience in volunteer specific recruitment along with a passion for volunteer recruitment and general human resources
- Experience in providing training to diverse groups in recruitment systems and processes would be advantageous
- An ambitious, passionate and results-oriented individual who is motivated by tracking outcomes with strong experience in database reporting, data management and analysis
- The position is based in our Head Office in Box Hill. Applicants must be willing to vary normal working hours from time to time and to travel regionally as required to run recruitment campaigns; therefore, a current driver’s license will be essential
- A natural people person, who is motivated by building strong connections and providing outstanding service to your customers
- Extensive experience in using digital mediums to attract candidates, including a wide network across Social Media and other
- Structured and process oriented working style
- Strong communication and influencing skills
About the Volunteer workforce you will be recruiting – Members
Society members are passionate about helping those in need in their local community and work together in groups known as ‘Conferences’ that are usually attached to; parishes, schools, universities, social groups, workplaces, or groups of individuals from the local area.
The Society would not exist without its members and volunteers; they are the Society. They live their faith in action by visiting people in their homes or in the community, providing friendship and support to those they serve and to each other.
Our members, who come from diverse backgrounds, experiences and beliefs, bring a great depth of understanding, expertise and compassion to their service and involvement in the Society.
Dependent on local need, members have the opportunity to be involved in a range of services, including home visitation and:
- Education, training and supported employment opportunities
- Homeless services
- Disaster relief
- Mobile and fixed meal services
- Migrant and refugee services
- Housing support and emergency accommodation
- Mentoring and social support programs
- Youth programs – including family, teen, kids, and young carers camps, ‘Buddies Days’, mentoring programs, tutoring and homework clubs, and much more
- Budget counselling
- Material assistance
What we offer in return
- Competitive Annual Package + Salary Sacrificing + other fantastic SVDP benefits
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We like to have a laugh and you will always find some sort of chocolate or cake in our work area… be prepared!
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to a charitable organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- We live and breathe our values
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria are a diverse workforce made up of 380 employees and over 12,500 volunteers. Founded by a 20 year old student named Frederic Ozanam in 1833, today our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works, Soup Van Operations and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need, respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them. There are thousands of people who every day share their time to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged people all around Australia.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Recruitment Adviser via Pro Bono Australia.