About the role
The Business Development Sales Representative (BDSR) is responsible for the growth of The School of Life for Business (TSOL4B) program within organisations across Australia and New Zealand, specifically through selling our Business workshops to new and existing clients. To develop more emotionally mature workplaces based on 20 core emotional skills, the BDSR will work closely with the Business Program Producer to promote and convert sales of our workshops to provide world class Learning & Development (L&D) in the area of emotional wellbeing and business psychology. The BDSR represents TSOL’s Business Program and leads client relationships to achieve workshop sales so that our Business Program Producer can deliver a seamless roll out of Business program to our clients.
What we’re looking for
- Strong Business Development sales focus and the ability to sell with natural passionate and purpose;
- Established network of contacts in L&D/Human Resource roles across corporate Australia;
- Business development experience in the area of corporate Learning & Development/Leadership development; and/or experience working in learning/leadership development programs with corporate Australia;
- Excellent communication skills: warm, friendly and engaging;
- Excellent relationship and partnership development skills;
- A knowledge of and passion for literature, culture and philosophy;
- Embody the idea of “enlightened hospitality”: the idea of genuinely kind and engaging customer service;
- Ability to work well in a small team and fast-paced environment;
- A keen understanding and passion for the philosophy and mission of TSOL; and
- An entrepreneurial flair: becoming part of a small team dedicated to growing a highly impactful cultural enterprise.
- If you are an independent freelance Business Developer, this commission-based role could be the perfect addition to your portfolio of work – offering flexibility and purpose driven impact.
About the organisation
The School of Life (TSOL) is dedicated to exploring good ideas for everyday living. We use philosophy, culture and wisdom from through the ages to help us live wisely and well. By developing emotional intelligence through the help of culture, we address such issues as how to find fulfilling work, how to master the art of relationships, how to understand one’s past, how to achieve calm and how better to understand the world. TSOL has public branches in Melbourne and Sydney, with a Business program presence across Australia and NZ.
We have an ambitious and broad-ranging public program of classes, workshops and major events, and we have long-term partnerships with corporate Australia, providing learning & development programs in the area of emotional intelligence and psychological wellbeing to create a more human centred and authentic business community in Australia.
The School of Life Australia is a registered B Corporation, which means it has been approved as a social enterprise with an emerging group of companies that are using the power of business to create a positive impact on the world and generate a shared and durable prosperity for all. Certified B Corporations have undertaken the B Impact Assessment, a rigorous assessment that explores a company’s governance, transparency, environmental and social impact. B Corps voluntarily hold themselves to a higher level of accountability in these areas. Together, B Corps redefine success in business by competing not to be the best in the world, but to be the best for the world.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Development Sales Representative, The School of Life via Pro Bono Australia.