About the role
Full-time 3-year contract
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified management accountant to join the Treasury & Business Administration Team. This role will suit someone who enjoys working on key organisational deliverables level and also has a ‘hands-on approach’. With a small team to support and work alongside with, this role will provide you with a cordial working environment.
The primary objective of the Management Accountant is to ensure the integrity of financial systems and information, whilst ensuring that the organisation is compliant with all legislative requirements and to provide budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis support.
This role facilitates the preparation of key deliverables including the annual budget, operating and capital expenditure program, the short- and long-term financial strategy, quarterly reports, annual reports (including reports to Rome) and performance monitoring.
Some key aspects of the role:
- Proactively support the Director, Finance & Special Projects and A/Finance Manager in the management of the Province treasury & business administration functions
- Ensure that, in financial matters, the Province complies with Canonical, Jesuit and Australian statutory requirements, and all financial reporting for periodic and yearly financial statements are prepared appropriately, accurately and in a timely manner to meet statutory and management requirements
- Ensure effective and efficient management of the financial operations of the Province, including the preparation of comprehensive consolidated financial reports, budgeting and forecasting
- Consolidate all financial management reporting across the Province in a timely manner and ensure their accuracy
- In conjunction with the Financial Accountant, oversee the treasury function including cashflow and cash forecasting
- Provide assistance and back-up for the Financial Accountant and other Province office staff as required
- Facilitate the internal and external audit
- Evaluate the financial implications of major developments and capital expenditure programmes in the Province Ministries
We are looking for someone who can operate at a strategic level, possesses a practical approach to work and is willing to be ‘hands on’. Ideally the successful candidate will possess and have demonstrable knowledge of the following:
- CA/CPA (or equivalent) qualifications
- 5+ years relevant experience in financial management including budgeting, forecasting and project accounting
- Proven understanding of current legislation relating to finance and accounting
- Experience in finance system implementation (eg Microsoft AX Dynamics)
- Displays credibility and integrity and can influence and work effectively with the team and a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- High level of interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to non-financial people
- An ability to work independently, with initiative, sound judgement and understands appropriate accountability
- Demonstrated people management and mentoring skills and a willing and effective team leader
About the organisation
Founded by St Ignatius Loyola more than 450 years ago, the Society of Jesus (also known as the Jesuits) is an international religious order of priests and brothers within the Catholic Church committed to service in the world in a variety of ways.
The Jesuit presence in Australia began in 1848 and the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus now comprises more than 120 Jesuits. They work in over 30 ministries in companionship with some 1800 women and men who share the Ignatian vision of the service of faith and the promotion of justice.
How to apply for this role
For a copy of the full position description please email, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Applications close 21 February 2020
Please quote in application: Management Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.