About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Full Time Max term contract (June 2021)
- Flexible location: Melbourne, VIC / Sydney, NSW / Brisbane, QLD
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking a National Program Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the National Manager, Program Quality and Implementation, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of the largest and longest running program of its kind in the world. We are seeking an individual who is highly motivated and organised to help the Saver Plus program to improve the financial wellbeing of lower income Australians.
Saver Plus is a matched savings and financial education program assisting individuals and families on lower incomes to build assets and improve financial capability. Saver Plus aims to increase the levels of savings of people on low incomes and help people build a long-term savings habit. The Program Manager position plays a key role in ensuring high quality, efficient and consistent delivery of the Saver Plus Program, by supporting partner agencies and leading a team of geographically dispersed Coordinators.
A day in the life of a National Program Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Guiding and provide directions to Coordinators in the delivery of the program, including implementation of promotional and/or improvement activities, management of program requirements & reporting practices
- Building and support a geographically dispersed, collaborative team with a culture of cooperation, encouragement and accountability
- Ensuring and meet Program Management KPIs under the program’s Quality Framework
- Developing and maintain positive and productive relationships with a range of stakeholders
It takes a special kind of person to be our National Program Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and/or demonstrable transferable skills in a similar or related role;
- Relevant experience and expertise in program and project management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of direct reports
- Strong understanding and focus on implementing, monitoring and maintaining quality and continuous improvement initiatives
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills with proven ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally and externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills with the ability to plan workload, manage competing priorities and work to deadlines
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
Closing date: Monday, 2 March 2020
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: National Manager, Saver Plus via Pro Bono Australia.