About the role
- Expressions of interest
- Based in Bankstown – Part time position – Up to 5 days per week
- Excellent opportunity to use your Macedonian language skills
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL MULTILINGUAL DISABILITY HUB
The FutureAbility National Multilingual Disability Hub provides relevant, in-language information, advice and referrals for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities on disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) through a national multilingual hotline and a website.
As potentially the first point of contact for people with disability from CALD backgrounds, the Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist will answer questions regarding disability in general, the NDIS and available supports in Macedonian. The callers will most likely be people with disability, their families or carers, seeking information on disability supports available.
Language required: Macedonian
This role would suit someone who enjoys helping people, has excellent communication and customer service skills and strong attention to detail. Successful candidates will also possess the following;
- Relevant qualifications in administration, social sciences, or experience in the community sector
- Experience of working in the community / disability sector.
- Experience in relationship management both internal and external, including government
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours and in a range of locations across areas as required.
- Good understanding of the NDIS and community support systems, including relevant stakeholders: government and non-government (Desired, not essential)
- Ability to speak, read and write in Macedonian
- An understanding of the needs and issues affecting people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
- High level admin and computer skills.
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter and complete attached expression of interest form.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in prote cting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email or contact the talent team on 8799 6700.
Applications close date: 20th February 2020
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Part Time Macedonian Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.