About the role
Do you want to be part of an exciting opportunity and the changing landscape of family violence? Do you want to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving outcomes and quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence? Do you want to work in a supportive environment that values and trains it’s team members? Safe Futures is seeking a person for the position of Support Worker Women and Children’s Services to augment our new 24 hour state of the art, purpose built Refuge and Emergency Accommodation Service located in Wyndham.
What We Offer
- Permanent ongoing position
- Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
- Salary in accordance with the SCHADS Award and above award conditions such as study leave
- Generous salary packaging including novated leasing and meals and entertainment card
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing Program
- Regular supervision, reflective practice and management support including access to EAP
About the role
Working as part of a dynamic team the family violence support worker assists the work of SFF family violence case managers to implement goals and meet needs identified in client plans. The support worker has the primary responsibility to assist in the co-ordination and delivery of practical supports and resources for women and children in refuge accommodation, experiencing family violence and trauma. The role also requires identifying community resources and linking clients to community-based activities and services.
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to prioritise competing demands
- Good communication and written skills
- Problem solving capabilities evidenced by seeking relevant information, seeking different perspectives, identifying and progressing workable solutions
To would be desirable to have:
- Experience working in the Family Violence sector.
- Diploma in Community Services or equivalent
All applicants must have a valid Working with Children’s check, current Drivers Licence and appointment to this position is subject to a National Police check.
About the organisation
Safe Futures Foundation is a not for profit Specialist Family Violence Organisation that provides frontline services to women and children to help them escape control, abuse and violence and rebuild their lives. We have been responding to family violence and changing people’s stories for over 40 years. We operate across 2 main sites in Melbourne’s Eastern suburbs and our new site in the Western region. We are funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.
The Foundation supports women and children through three key programs:
- Safe in the Community
- Intake and Emergency Response – Eastern and Western regions and
- Community Connect
Safe Futures is committed to protecting the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people and complies with Victorian child safe standards
How to apply for this role
For consideration, the applicant must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description; all applications to include a covering letter and emailed to email@example.com
For further information please contact Kate on 0414 441 522 or 9877 0311
Applications close Monday 24th February 2020
Please quote in application: Support Worker Women and Children’s Services via Pro Bono Australia.