About the role
- Use your strategic mind and commercial approach
- Work with and inspire a committed and capable team
- Genuinely contribute to saving people’s lives
CareFlight currently has an excellent opportunity for a General Manager Business Partnerships and Development to work closely with the CEO and as part of the Executive Team. Success in this role means you will use your strategic and commercial acumen to ensure CareFlight continues to build on a solid growth trajectory in terms of both revenue and positive social impact. You will be an experienced leader who will motivate and inspire the team, right across the organisation, to enable CareFlight to deliver on its mission. Key selection criteria:
- A genuine and inspiring leadership capability to ensure collaboration across all business units (particularly fundraising, communications and marketing) to deliver financial diversification and strength, brand awareness and social impact.
- The ability to intelligently manage and develop CareFlight’s ‘Strategy for Partnerships’ that will drive new business, ensure effective contract management, identify and map key contract reporting and renewals.
- The ability to provide discipline and structure in sales and account management processes, as well as deliver internal training that supports an organisation-wide approach to account management and selling.
- Specific capabilities around the management and development of partnerships and contract delivery with a variety of businesses and sectors including (but not limited to) oil and gas, mining and government.
- A commitment to delivering against budget requirements for annual surplus across fundraising and business partnerships.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated success in leading and winning large and complex tender and grant projects, and a proven track record of account/contract management and selling services in the B2B and B2G markets. You will have highly developed interpersonal skills with a strong customer-centric approach, and will be adaptable and flexible in your approach to partnerships and relationships. You will be comfortable working at a Senior Executive level and reporting to the organisation’s Board. Ideally, you will have an established network of relationships in any of the oil, gas, mining, aviation or government sectors and good knowledge of the not-for-profit operating environment.
About the organisation
In 1986 CareFlight established Australia’s first dedicated medical emergency helicopter service. Not only does the original rapid response helicopter service continue to serve the Australian community, the critical care team model it pioneered has been emulated around the world, making CareFlight an Australian success story in aeromedical training. The organisation’s mission: Save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
CareFlight operates from locations in NSW, northern WA and the Top End of the NT. Their specially trained doctors, nurses and paramedics use helicopters, aeroplanes, medi-jets and road ambulances to bring a hospital level of care to over 5,000 patients each year. They also deploy medical professionals to remote oil, gas and mining sites, both onshore and offshore.
In 2019 CareFlight was voted Australia’s most reputable charity.
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: General Manager Partnerships and Development: CareFlight via Pro Bono Australia.