About the role
Based in the Victorian regional centre of Geelong, Back to Back Theatre (B2B) is widely recognised as a theatre company of national and international significance. Its ensemble of actors is drawn from people who are perceived to have intellectual disabilities. The company contributes to the richness and diversity of Australian life, and is considered one of Australia’s most important cultural ambassadors.
B2B is a dynamic, inclusive not for profit organisation, with a commitment to maintain an environment of creativity, innovation and passionate enthusiasm, whilst providing rich opportunities for staff, ensemble and community. The Artistic Director and Executive Producer are Co-CEOs of the company.
Back to Back Theatre has significantly diversified its position and reach over recent years. It currently develops, produces and exhibits works across multiple disciplines including the performing arts, screen, visual arts and in school and local communities. It now seeks an ambitious leader to work with the Artistic Director and the Board to build on this growth and continue its exciting creative trajectory.
Candidates who demonstrate the following attributes are invited to apply:
- An innovative, collaborative and experienced Executive Producer who has demonstrated experience across the performing, screen, and visual arts, in developing and producing new work and leveraging its presentation locally, nationally and internationally.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal, and with the ability to represent and advocate for the company to diverse audiences and in high-level situations.
- Experience in procuring and managing a diverse portfolio of government relationships at all levels.
- Strong people and management skills, with the ability to manage diverse relationships.
- Demonstrated sound arts business acumen and strategic thinking, and a commitment to supporting and enabling the artistic process.
- Reporting to the Board in conjunction with the Artistic Director the Executive Producer will lead and drive a small but passionate administrative and production team.
For information on how to apply, confidential enquiries can be made to the Interim Executive Director, Tony Grybowski, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0497 966 777.
A comprehensive Candidate Pack is available on request at the above email.
Applications via Pro Bono will not be considered.
Applications will close 31 May, 2020.
About the organisation
Based in the Victorian regional centre of Geelong, Back to Back Theatre is widely recognised as an Australian theatre company of national and international significance. The company is driven by an ensemble of actors who are perceived to have intellectual disabilities and is considered one of Australia’s most important cultural exporters.
We contend our operation as a theatre company is beyond expectation of possibility: an affirmation for human potential. The company’s existence contributes to the richness and diversity of Australian life and palpably projects Geelong, Victoria and Australia to the world as innovative, sophisticated and dynamic.
From 2009 to 2019, the company has undertaken 71 national and 87 international seasons of its work. This includes presentations and screenings at the world’s pre-eminent contemporary arts festivals and venues such as the Edinburgh International Festival, London’s V&A Museum and the Barbican, Vienna Festival, Holland Festival and Theater der Welt, the Kennedy Center in Washington DC, the Public Theater in New York, Festival Tokyo, West Kowloon Cultural District Authority in Hong Kong, and Buenos Aires International Festival.
From 2009 to 2019, community and education workshops have been delivered to approximately 24,000 community members and students, with a focus on artistic excellence.
Back to Back Theatre has received 19 national and international awards including a Helpmann Award for Best Australian Work, an Edinburgh International Festival Herald Angel Critics’ Award, two Age Critics’ Awards, a New York Bessie and the Sidney Myer Performing Arts Group Award for our long-standing contribution to the development of Australian theatre. In 2015, Bruce Gladwin received the Australia Council for the Arts’ Inaugural Award for Outstanding Achievement in Theatre. The ensemble were awarded the ‘Best Ensemble’ in the 2019 Green Room Awards.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Producer/Co-CEO | Expressions of Interest Invited via Pro Bono Australia.