About the role
We have exciting opportunities on the North and Southside of Brisbane to join the team as a Disability Care Worker as a part of the NDIS Home Support service.
The Disability Care Worker is responsible for delivering individualised supports to people who have disabilities including those with high and complex support needs, who are residing in their own homes. Supports will be delivered in a way that assists the individual to attain and maintain their optimum degree of independence, quality of life and to meet the goals identified in their NDIS plans.
Our services run 7 days a week 365 days a year. The successful applicants will be able to work with minimum supervision and be adaptable within their availability to suit and meet client needs.
This role requires you to have a Comprehensively insured Motor Vehicle suitable for transporting clients, Current Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive and use own vehicle in the course of work.
You must hold a Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent qualification and a willingness to complete additional Disability units/training.
Key Duties Include
· Personal care
· Light domestic duties
· Social support
· Community participation.
· Medication assistance
Key Responsibilities Include
· Provide high quality supports in accordance with the individuals Care Plan, WMQ’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and the NDIS practice standards.
· Plan, provide and review supports in collaboration with the individual and their networks to ensure they provide for their holistic well-being.
· Build positive relationships and communicate appropriately with clients, their families and networks.
· Consult and provide feedback to the Care Leader/Manager regarding client outcomes, needs, concerns and risks identified.
· Maintain accurate client records and time sheets.
· Actively participate in performance reviews, team meetings, training and all continuous improvement initiatives.
As a Wesley Mission Queensland team member, you will be a part of a community of over 2,400 employees and 1,500 volunteers who are committed to making a difference in the lives of the people we support.
Your decision to work for Wesley Mission Queensland will help to achieve our vision of a compassionate, just, and inclusive society for all.
We believe strongly in our values of integrity, respect, empowerment, hope, justice, compassion and innovation and you can expect them to be a part of your day at work.
· Salary sacrificing
· Income Protection
· Product Discounts
· Travel Discounts
· Access to discounted holiday units
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible working hours
· Working alongside people who love what they do
About the organisation
Wesley Mission Queensland (WMQ) is a large and dynamic organisation with over 100 years’ experience in delivering aged care, with more than 50 locations throughout South East Queensland supporting 100,000 Queenslanders every year. As a not for profit organisation, everything we do is for purpose and not profit. All funds that we receive are invested back into our community services and programs, which provide vital assistance to people throughout Queensland.
To learn more about our organisation, please see www.wmq.org.au
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Care Worker (NDIS) via Pro Bono Australia.