About the role
5 Queensland-wide positions + Co-Chair.
Bring lived experience, passion, purpose + capability to shape the establishment of a new peak body representing people accessing public mental health services in Queensland.
- Looking for representatives from diverse groups in Queensland
- Arrangements available for videoconferencing options or travel support if required
- Be prepared to commit to attending approximately 7 meetings and undertaking pre-meeting preparation in a paid capacity for up to 1 year
Expressions of interest are invited from people with lived experience of mental ill-health in urban, rural, or remote areas of Queensland, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, those who identify as LGBTIQ, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Experience working on a committee and/ or corporate governance knowledge will be advantageous. Existing links with consumer networks relevant to the mental health sector will be highly regarded, but not essential.
Successful applicants will work collaboratively to become an integral part of a dynamic Project Steering Committee charged with governing the establishment phase of the Queensland-wide peak body. It’s expected this project could take up to a year, with a series of meetings held monthly, then every two months, in Brisbane, with video conferencing and/or travel support available if required.
The Queensland Mental Health Commission is tasked to establish and auspice the new Consumer Peak. This new consumer representative body will be a mechanism to influence the public mental health system for Queenslanders living with mental illness, and will be ideally placed to provide advice and advocacy. It will reach across urban, regional and remote areas.
By thoroughly understanding the common interests of public mental health consumers of all ages, the peak body will provide advice in response to government policy and bring emerging issues to government for consideration.
This opportunity will suit people with:
- lived experience of mental ill-health
- knowledge and experience of the public mental health service system in Queensland
- ability to think strategically, and previous experience in a strategic planning or governance capacity
- interest in developing a mechanism for mental health consumer policy advice and system advocacy in Queensland
- committee experience
- existing links with consumer networks relevant to the mental health sector
- chairing experience (if applying for the Co-Chair position)
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: PROJECT STEERING COMMITTEE – Mental Health 5 Qld-wide positions via Pro Bono Australia.