About the role
Treasurer – Voluntary Position
Attendance at 5-6 Management Committee meetings per year, 4 hours per quarter. Attendance/participation in the Finance & Audit Sub-Committee 2-3 meetings per year, 3-5 hours per year. Total average meeting time commitment per year 15-18 hours. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversight on the keeping of accounting records in accordance with accounting standards.
- Reports to the committee at each meeting on the financial position of the Association
- Responsibility for the production of End of Year accounts in collaboration with General Manager, Bookkeeper and Pro Bono Accounting Partner; Edwards & Co
- Chairing of the Audit & Finance Sub-Committee.
- Responsibility for the engagement and collaboration with the Auditor; Hall Chadwick, and the production of audited financials with the support of the Audit & Finance Sub-Committee, General Manager and bookkeeper
- Oversight of transactions regarding receipts, invoices, transfer of funds and payments made on behalf of the Association by the General Manager
- Collaboration with the General Manager and Artistic Directors where necessary on the production of annual budgets/forecasts
- Authorisation to make payments, approve payments as and when required by the Committee and with 1 other co-signatory
About the organisation
Sensorium Theatre is a unique arts organisation, based in WA whose mission is to make transformational, multi-sensory theatre for children with disabilities including those with complex support needs and those on the autism spectrum. We believe that sharing stories is an innate part of our shared humanity and are determined to make performances that are truly accessible for our audiences. For the past 10 years, we have performed to thousands of children with disabilities, their parents and carers, both here in WA and nationally at venues such as the Sydney Opera House and internationally in New York City and Singapore. Our reputation for excellence is recognised and we have achieved a sustainable financial position with triennial organisational funding from the WA State Government, a number of long term relationships with philanthropists and diversified performance and training income.Following a comprehensive stakeholder consultation last year and the completion of an ambitious 5 year plan this is a very exciting time to join this very bespoke small company.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.