About the role
Bridges Health & Community Care Ltd has a rewarding full time opportunity for a Team Leader – DARTS to lead our growing team in the Wide Bay Burnett and Central Qld regions.
We are looking for a dedicated, reliable, professional person with a can do flexible attitude and the ability to get along well with others.
In this role, you will be providing leadership and clinical governance, ensuring program integrity and staff are delivering services in accordance with best practice, service user needs and our contractual obligations.
You will offer day to day support to AOD staff to ensure the efficient delivery of services and programs for clients.
You will coordinate team meetings and regular clinical reviews as well as debriefing and on-site supervision as required. You will be supported and overseen by Bridges Clinical Lead.
In this role, you are also expected to carry a .8 FTE equivalent providing evidence based interventions for individuals with drug and alcohol issues, and family members impacted by someone else’s use. Your role will include counseling, case management, care coordination, brief interventions, community education, pre and post detoxification support, referrals to rehabilitation or other AOD services and oversight of .
Some of your key responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring staff are delivering the service according to our contractual obligations, policies and procedures ensuring robust program and clinical governance
- Collecting data and completing mandatory reporting to our funders
- Delivering evidence based psychological and psychosocial AOD treatments in a range of settings;
- Providing relapse prevention and ongoing assistance to improve psychosocial and family functioning;
- Minimising the harm associated with the misuse of alcohol and/or drugs;
- Commitment to physical, social, familial and mental health outcomes for service users.
- Ensuring electronic and paper-based client files are maintained as per statutory compliance requirements; and
- Promoting the Bridges DARTS to gain broader community awareness.
- Relevant qualifications in the health, social or behavioural sciences fields, and have experience working with individuals with drug and alcohol issues.
- Demonstrated ability to apply harm minimisation practices in the treatment of people with AOD issues and co-morbid presentations of mental ill heallth and AOD issues as well as experience and knowledge in the management of withdrawal for substances and evidence-based rehabilitation programs
- Suitable candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a drug and alcohol treatment setting in a leadership role and experience working with all types of licit and illicit substances.
- You’ll need to be flexible and dedicated to providing best practice solutions, and be able to work effectively both in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Strong communication skills are essential, enabling you to liaise appropriately with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. Innovative engagement strategies and strong collaborative relationships with the health and community sector will be vital.
- High level IT and computer skills including use of databases, is also essential.
- A solid understanding of community resources, treatment services and referral networks will be held in high regard.
To be successful you must hold, or have the ability to obtain, a Blue Card for Working with Children and Young People, as well as a current drivers’ licence. You must also be prepared to undergo a police check.
Award wages and generous salary sacrifice offered – negotiable for the right person.
About the organisation
Bridges Health & Community Care has been providing clinical and non-clinical community-based drug and alcohol and mental health services for 21 years in regional and rural Qld.
Bridges Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation & Treatment Service (DARTS) offers a comprehensive therapeutic drug and alcohol service for youth aged 12 years plus and adults. We also assist families and carers who may have difficulty coping with their loved ones problematic drug or alcohol issues. We are funded by both State and Federal government to deliver several different programs and are well regarded by the communities that we serve.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation & Treatment Service via Pro Bono Australia.