About the role
The Quality Assurance/Business Analysis (QA/BA) team in Queensland is responsible for the analysis of functional requirements and quality assurance of all new and updated feature implementations for Infoxchange’s client and case management application, referral portals and related web services.
You will be instrumental in integrating quality assurance (QA) into the requirements analysis process in order to ensure that all product development activities satisfy business objectives and user expectations. Your role extends beyond traditional QA responsibilities. In addition to software testing, you will be required to demonstrate a high degree of problem solving and analytical skills and take a strategic, deliberate approach to product development and testing.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Delivery and Software Development teams, and other relevant business stakeholders to effectively analyse business requirements.
- Identifying and communicating any requirement assumptions, dependencies, and risks in a timely manner.
- Decomposing business requirements and create appropriate and concise user stories.
- Developing clear and well-described acceptance criteria.
- Coordinating User Acceptance Test activities with the Delivery and Software Development teams.
- Communicating effectively with software developers regarding explanation of user stories and validation based on acceptance criteria.
- Testing all product development based on acceptance criteria, leveraging automated testing where possible.
- Utilising various testing techniques such as exploratory/regression/manual testing as required.
- Participating in estimation sessions by describing business needs and clarifying any questions arising during the design and delivery process.
- Proactively assessing and contributing to the refinement of the QA strategy, including facilitating discussions related to improving overall end-to-end product delivery.
- Assisting in the monitoring and management of Level 2 application support incidents, including defect investigations and identification of areas of improvement.
- Upholding and advocate for the values, beliefs, and principles as outlined in the Technical Services Team Manifesto
You will have:
Knowledge, experience and skills
To succeed in this role at Infoxchange, you will demonstrate the following:
- Experience working within a SaaS-based environment
- Experience in translating high level business requirements into functional requirements with clear, concise and testable user stories
- Knowledge of QA processes and best practices
- Experienced in testing complex user interfaces, including manual browser, exploratory, UAT, and regression testing
- Experience in conducting systems analysis for frontend and backend applications
- Experience in querying relational databases using SQL (preferably in PostgreSQL)
- Ability to function in a team environment, including the ability to reason with others through effective, clear, and concise communication
- Able to prioritise work across multiple projects within a fast-paced environment
- Able to work both independently and within a collaborative environment
- Systematic, proactive, and excellent attention to detail
- Good strategic decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including conversing with both end-users and technical teams across all levels within the organisation
- Energy and passion for the work, sense of fun, and enjoyment for what can be achieved
- Passion for digital transformation of the not-for-profit and community sector
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for nearly 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The integration brings together 150 staff members working to support more than 30,000 not-for- profits and over 2 million people in need each year across Australia and New Zealand.
Connecting Up has become a subsidiary of Infoxchange and will continue to trade as TechSoup New Zealand to serve the not-for-profit sector in New Zealand.
How to apply
We’re passionate about work-life balance so we have flexible work arrangements, additional leave provisions and a fabulous health and wellbeing program (think online yoga and meditation as well as yearly flu shots). We also have salary packaging options that could assist in increasing your take-home pay and plenty of learning and development opportunities. Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply' button by the closing date. Please ensure you address the key selection criteria in your submission (in the attached position description).
Please quote in application: Business & Quality Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.