About the role
About the opportunity
The Children’s Worker will provide high quality trauma informed therapeutic individual and group work services to infants, children, young people and their caregivers who are engaged in the Families@Home program.
The role will work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders, providers concerning the child development, mental health and well-being needs of infants, children and their care givers. The role will also provide support, secondary consultation and mentoring to staff members within the Families@Home team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification/s in Social work, Psychology or related field.
- Qualifications in early childhood teaching/development/counselling would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work therapeutically with children and parents who have experienced family violence; in both individual and group settings.
- Experience in working from a feminist framework in the family violence domain.
- Experience in providing risk assessment for children would be an advantage.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Get in touch
Kayti Franklin, Team Leader – Families@Home – 0428 205 665
Please quote in application: Children's Worker - Families@Home via Pro Bono Australia.